I Need a New Broadband Provider - Any Recommendations Appreciated.

Was considering Virgin as it's just been installed on our estate in the last few months. The sales guy knocked on the other day and offered us 120meg for £25pm but the sister-in-law signed up when it first went in and she's had nothing but trouble.

Currently with BT, but the maximum they can offer is 52meg and their super duper hub isn't strong enough to send signal to the back bedrooms.

What I really want is THREE 5g home broadband but it's not in my area yet. My sister has it in Walsall and never gets less that 500meg, £22pm and can take the hub wherever she goes as long as its in a 5g area.

Was considering Virgin as it's just been installed on our estate in the last few months. The sales guy knocked on the other day and offered us 120meg for £25pm but the sister-in-law signed up when it first went in and she's had nothing but trouble.

Currently with BT, but the maximum they can offer is 52meg and their super duper hub isn't strong enough to send signal to the back bedrooms.

What I really want is THREE 5g home broadband but it's not in my area yet. My sister has it in Walsall and never gets less that 500meg, £22pm and can take the hub wherever she goes as long as its in a 5g area.
I've got the three 5g hub - brilliant, not skipped a beat in the 18 months I've had it even with everything drawing on it at once. I do live within sight of a 5g mast, but it will also happily run on 4g as - that's all I could get for the first year.

I've got the three 5g hub - brilliant, not skipped a beat in the 18 months I've had it even with everything drawing on it at once. I do live within sight of a 5g mast, but it will also happily run on 4g as - that's all I could get for the first year.
It looks like that’s not available where I am (Middleton). I’m a bit jealous now.

I signed up for BT fibre and the hub is downstairs in the front room where the cable comes in
my PC is upstairs(4th bedroom is an office)
The way round this was an extender which you can use to plug in a PC of laptop, but it also extends the signal to parts of the property that struggle with Wi-Fi signal

I signed up for BT fibre and the hub is downstairs in the front room where the cable comes in
my PC is upstairs(4th bedroom is an office)
The way round this was an extender which you can use to plug in a PC of laptop, but it also extends the signal to parts of the property that struggle with Wi-Fi signal

Why not hard wire it in, it's what I did.

The best way to extend is to use the power sockets. Plug one in upstairs in your office, wire your pc in. Works well.

They’re all sh*t in one way or another.

I’m with Virgin. The speed is fast. It’s reliable. If there is a fault you can check it straightaway on your device. I pay £29 a month for Fibre - 362MBps. The customer service is sh*t. Thankfully I don’t have to contact them often.

Virgin Media are putting the price up by £7 from April this year. The price has been creeping up regularly and enough is enough. I’ve alwayss considered theirs to be the best and most reliable broadband, but that’s purely based on nothing at all.
Can anyone recommend a suitable and cheaper alternative?
Thanks.
Not sure if it will help, but I handed in my notice on the contract the other week and retentions called me up today, from a mobile number. I've just renewed on Virgin for £26 on the M350. I'm sure if I could've got a better deal if I'd have held on a bit longer. If you have an O2 phone they will upgrade your speed for free too (I haven't).

I've tried BT and Plusnet in the past and whilst neither will be as fast as Virgin, they were very reliable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.