I Need a New Broadband Provider - Any Recommendations Appreciated.

I was being ripped off by Virgin, furtively putting the prices up from £27 ish to £63+ over 3years, broadband only. Surprisingly I got through in minutes, to uk based call centre, mentioned there was a possibility I could be moving to a none Virgin area, plus their fees were extortive. I was then transferred to India, where cancellation was approved, I was switched off that day.
Having to use my mobile data, I noticed how crap the Virgin/O2 signal was. I decided to move over to Smarty (3). The signal was bang on, rapid 5g. The only shock being, by using different speed tests it ate the data, I won't be doing that again in a hurry.
I noticed someone mentioned previously, 3, 5g broadband worked well, I'm only 200yrds from a mast. Looking at the mobile phone signal I believe I won't have a problem especially with the new improved modules.
My concern is, with the possibility of moving to a 4g only area, albeit a strong signal, would this suffice a decent service?

I was being ripped off by Virgin, furtively putting the prices up from £27 ish to £63+ over 3years, broadband only. Surprisingly I got through in minutes, to uk based call centre, mentioned there was a possibility I could be moving to a none Virgin area, plus their fees were extortive. I was then transferred to India, where cancellation was approved, I was switched off that day.
Having to use my mobile data, I noticed how crap the Virgin/O2 signal was. I decided to move over to Smarty (3). The signal was bang on, rapid 5g. The only shock being, by using different speed tests it ate the data, I won't be doing that again in a hurry.
I noticed someone mentioned previously, 3, 5g broadband worked well, I'm only 200yrds from a mast. Looking at the mobile phone signal I believe I won't have a problem especially with the new improved modules.
My concern is, with the possibility of moving to a 4g only area, albeit a strong signal, would this suffice a decent service?

If your not in a 5g area A good 4g area can get speeds of 50mgb and you can stream 4K no problem from around 10 upwards! Some the 5g sun routers can be Around £300 upwards! Get a second hand one they just as a good make sure you do your research before buying though! Nokia ones seem the easiest to set up and work better..

If your not in a 5g area A good 4g area can get speeds of 50mgb and you can stream 4K no problem from around 10 upwards! Some the 5g sun routers can be Around £300 upwards! Get a second hand one they just as a good make sure you do your research before buying though! Nokia ones seem the easiest to set up and work better..

Many thanks for the info. I was looking at routers on the net, weighing up the prices, also sim prices. 3s deal has just gone up in price albeit a couple of quid. £12 for 6 months then £24 for 18 months. Minus £70 cashback, comes out at 434, not too bad for 24 months. Not forgetting the April price rise. £18 a month doesn't seem bad. Like I said, my signal at the moment If I remember rightly is 600mgb although they say you should expect 150. If I move house, the area does not yet have 5g but a good 4g signal.

Many thanks for the info. I was looking at routers on the net, weighing up the prices, also sim prices. 3s deal has just gone up in price albeit a couple of quid. £12 for 6 months then £24 for 18 months. Minus £70 cashback, comes out at 434, not too bad for 24 months. Not forgetting the April price rise. £18 a month doesn't seem bad. Like I said, my signal at the moment If I remember rightly is 600mgb although they say you should expect 150. If I move house, the area does not yet have 5g but a good 4g signal.

Yeah looks a great deal if there is now drop offs

Just bumping this as I'm looking for a new provider.

Virgin are taking the piss with the prices now and not offering any deals at all, despite being with them for a few years now.

I'm always wary switching providers as I need it for work.

Virgin are taking the piss with the prices now and not offering any deals at all, despite being with them for a few years now.

Never had anything go wrong with BT as others have mentioned. They even supplied us a booster for a distant room that has thick walls. Happily pull in excess of 72 mbs downloads even with a vpn in situ

Got sky bb and stream box tv about 6 months ago. Broadband has never broken, perfect wi fi streaming for footy. They fitted broadband in half hr . 26pm

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.