I never wanted to say this but.....

The only advantage I can see to Mourinho is that having "the best" may finally quiet some of the morons on this board.

fbloke said:
If things carry on in the current style then I fear they will move for the glittering bauble that is Jose.

Most of the glitter is what gets spilled onto his Matalan coat. If you want expanded football of the kind we saw for a few home games last season then the Extraordinary Ordinary one would not provide it.

The chicken and egg scenario is with us again. We gain 4th place and the door opening to the 'better' players is nudged a little wider. If we get 5th, would JM come or not and would he be able to attract the likes of Drog and top class in every position? If we get 4th there is a clear mandate for RM to continue!

JM is beside himself in Italy because he thinks he isn't getting the recognition he believes he deserves. The Observer yesterday quoted him as saying he was discriminated against because he was the only foreigner. He still thinks he is the show. Bad move for JM.

And this forum would still be the same if we had JC as manager and he was able to perform the odd miracle and turn dross into champagne.

second to none said:
The only advantage I can see to Mourinho is that having "the best" may finally quiet some of the morons on this board.
The morons will first start criticising the players and then the Board of Directors before eventually directing their misplaced anger once more at the manager. Whoever we appoint will get slated on here. My vote is for Mancini to stay until the end of next season, if not longer. Personally I doubt that he will want to stay given the disrespect shown on here.

rushts said:
Some of you on here should be ashamed of what you have turned in to.

My parents are quite proud of their sons achievements to be honest.

I resemble that remark fully!

Ricster said:
mcfc_die_hard said:
I can really see the owners going for Mourinho in the summer.

Dont anybody think this is a Mancini out thread because its not at all i quite like the man and think he is a bloody good manager and i reckon we will get top 4 but....

I dont think his style will take us to massive things because it wont work in the prem.

I can just see the owners wanting a proven manager in the prem and can attract any player in the world and may want to get him before the scum do.

What do other people think about this?

Let Mancini get in his own players, and get rid of the dead wood that doesn't want to play and rather just pick up hefty amounts of money and then we'll move forward under Mancini.

We're moving in the right direction. He just needs to put his own touch on it.
He has not even been able to bring all his own backroom staff with him let alone bring in his own players. Does anybody believe that Brian Kidd was Mancini's choice as assistant ?

I hope that he does get the time, but I will be suprised if he can not even bring his own team in to help himachieve this.

Sorry but this myth about Mourinho and boring football needs to be put to bed. Under him, Chelsea had the second, then the highest goals per game ratio in the Premiership. I also work with a Chelsea fan who says that the football under Mourinho was well worth watching. Of course there were times when they had to grind out a win, as all top teams do, but on the whole the Chelsea faithful had no complaints about the football on show.

There is no way Mourinho would have sat back and been satisfied with a 0-0 draw at home against a decent but limited team like Liverpool.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Sorry but this myth about Mourinho and boring football needs to be put to bed. Under him, Chelsea had the second, then the highest goals per game ratio in the Premiership. I also work with a Chelsea fan who says that the football under Mourinho was well worth watching. Of course there were times when they had to grind out a win, as all top teams do, but on the whole the Chelsea faithful had no complaints about the football on show.

There is no way Mourinho would have sat back and been satisfied with a 0-0 draw at home against a decent but limited team like Liverpool.

You might say Mourinhou would not have sat back, but we, yes us, were a limited team last night as well. Ireland may as well have taken an umbrella and deck chair onto the pitch last night, at least he would have stayed out of the rain!

Mancini's teams have always been based around strong mid-fielders, hence his Jan targets and requisition of Viera. Barry is at least working harder than Ireland, but neither would be in my top 20 wish list of midfielders. The point is, we can afford better, but until such a time that we have CL football available, why would any top midfielders want to come here! Mancini is working us through the growing pain to get there. One point more than whoever comes fifth is all I ask of him.

I for one enjoyed the battle last night immensely, a battle it truely was, read here where you can get it from the horses mouth:

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=164801" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=164801</a>

Don't forget, there was a lot at stake with the Liverpool game. You can have all the showman ship you like, but we did not loose the game and maintained 4th spot, that in itself is huge psychological boost for us....... Enjoy.

The only question that needs to be answered is Will Mancini have us challenging for the title? If the answer is yes then we should stick with him no matter what the standard of football because at the end of whichever season it is we as fans will not be saying "I am not bothered that we won the title, the standard of football was rubbish"!

My concern is that the answer to the above question is no! I see him turning us into a carbon copy of Benitez's Liverpool and that worries me greatly. The history of the Prem tells you that its the teams that score plenty of goals that wins titles. Mancini has us playing for a 1-0 win every week at this moment in time, if he achieved it I would have no complaints but it just does not look like happening.

Now people can slate Mourinhos style of play (personally I think it is myth that his teams are boring) but they get the job done, if Mourinho had us playing for 1-0 wins every week he would make damn sure that we did it.

I am tired of ifs, buts and maybes, we had Hughes who might have got us top 4, we now have Mancini who might get us top 4 but Mourinho would get us top 4, no ifs, buts or maybes. If there was ever a club that needs the over confidence and brashness of Mr Mourinho it is Manchester City, for too long the mentality of the club has been all wrong, happy to be 2nd best and then have a good laugh at ourselves whilst muttering the words 'typical City'. Its about time we had a born winner in charge who doesnt settle for 2nd best, who in fact demands success and will dispense with the term 'typical City' once and for all.

Mourinho at Manchester City is a match made in heaven!

OrigamiNinja said:
The only question that needs to be answered is Will Mancini have us challenging for the title? If the answer is yes then we should stick with him no matter what the standard of football because at the end of whichever season it is we as fans will not be saying "I am not bothered that we won the title, the standard of football was rubbish"!

My concern is that the answer to the above question is no! I see him turning us into a carbon copy of Benitez's Liverpool and that worries me greatly. The history of the Prem tells you that its the teams that score plenty of goals that wins titles. Mancini has us playing for a 1-0 win every week at this moment in time, if he achieved it I would have no complaints but it just does not look like happening.

Now people can slate Mourinhos style of play (personally I think it is myth that his teams are boring) but they get the job done, if Mourinho had us playing for 1-0 wins every week he would make damn sure that we did it.

I am tired of ifs, buts and maybes, we had Hughes who might have got us top 4, we now have Mancini who might get us top 4 but Mourinho would get us top 4, no ifs, buts or maybes. If there was ever a club that needs the over confidence and brashness of Mr Mourinho it is Manchester City, for too long the mentality of the club has been all wrong, happy to be 2nd best and then have a good laugh at ourselves whilst muttering the words 'typical City'. Its about time we had a born winner in charge who doesnt settle for 2nd best, who in fact demands success and will dispense with the term 'typical City' once and for all.

Mourinho at Manchester City is a match made in heaven!

I have to agree with that. I don't really have a problem with Mancini, but Mourinho is definately the man for the job imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.