I never wanted to say this but.....

The hopeful side of all the pro-jose posts is understandable.

Mancini was appointed in a manner that most City fans felt was either amateurish or harsh, add to that the press conference (which I blame on the press as they went in there with an agenda and City were ambushed) and the issues about the length of his contract and it offers a glimmer of a possibility of a change being made in the summer.

But here are a number of factors against the theory -

If Jose was already appointed why is he talking to the press about moving on?

If Jose was a done deal why is he hawking himself to the worlds clubs in a public manner?

If Jose is so convinced by the City 'Project' why has he not already signed on as manager?

Why would Garry Cook, the Board and most importantly Khaldoon invest so much of their own reputation in Mourinho? Khaldoon is very,very close to the Sheikh and it seems ludicrous for him to use up so much goodwill for a 6 month window when sticking with Hughes makes more sense in the Jose scenario.

(Strangely i have been told about Khaldoon moving on in the summer with a replacement waiting in the wings, but then again I havent been able to verify that anywhere else, scaremongering?)

Why would any of this be 'in place' when the current manager is still able to hit, or even better, expected achievements?

If Jose was so certain to come then Mancini would have been announced as a caretaker in the manner of the Chelsea/Hiddink situation.

If Jose was so certain then he would be very quietly going about his business in Italy waiting for the announcements to be made by City and himself.

In short i cannot see any logic behind Jose coming to City.

But then again it is City isnt it, so that might just be why he is ;-)

Soulboy said:
OrigamiNinja said:
I do not know whether he is coming or not, you may very well be correct about him playing games but I guess what I am saying is that IF he is available and IF he wants the job then he should be given it no matter what and when I say 'no matter what' I include even if Mancini gets us into the Champions League!

And I will go further on that principle...even though the players may have got us into the top 4, I suggest we then go for the best players in the world to replace the ones we've got...

So... Messi for Bellamy... Buffon for Given... Ibrahimovic for Adebayor... Fabregas
for De Jong... Torres for Tevez... Subotic for Kompany...

Eeh, you're right... it's great fun all this fantasising!

Im not really sure what you are trying to say. Nobody thinks we can get Messi, Fabregas etc however some people, including myself do believe we can get Mourinho. Mourinho keeps saying he wants to come back to the Prem so where is he going?

United? Taggart is going nowhere for the forseeable future.
Liverpool? Possibly but Mourinho is not a manager who likes having restraints put on the way he manages so I would say Liverpools lack of funds would put Mourinho off.
Arsenal? Cant see Wenger leaving or being sacked.
Chelsea? They will win the title this season so wont be looking for a new manager.
City? Unlimited transfer budget, not won a trophy in over 30 years therefore would become a God if he won something.

I know you are sceptical, even I am not convinced just optimistic at this point in time but if Mourinho does want to return to England even you must see that we are one of very few places he could end up?

fbloke said:

Mancini was appointed in a manner that most City fans felt was either amateurish or harsh, add to that the press conference (which I blame on the press as they went in there with an agenda and City were ambushed) and the issues about the length of his contract and it offers a glimmer of a possibility of a change being made in the summer.

If Jose was a done deal why is he hawking himself to the worlds clubs in a public manner?

If Jose is so convinced by the City 'Project' why has he not already signed on as manager?

Why would Garry Cook, the Board and most importantly Khaldoon invest so much of their own reputation in Mourinho? Khaldoon is very,very close to the Sheikh and it seems ludicrous for him to use up so much goodwill for a 6 month window when sticking with Hughes makes more sense in the Jose scenario.

(Strangely i have been told about Khaldoon moving on in the summer with a replacement waiting in the wings, but then again I havent been able to verify that anywhere else, scaremongering?)

Why would any of this be 'in place' when the current manager is still able to hit, or even better, expected achievements?

If Jose was so certain to come then Mancini would have been announced as a caretaker in the manner of the Chelsea/Hiddink situation.

If Jose was so certain then he would be very quietly going about his business in Italy waiting for the announcements to be made by City and himself.

You took the words right out of my mouth...

That's why I don't think the Mouriunho to City bandwagon stacks up... it's certainly not a "done deal".

And if it's not yet a "done deal" then never take anything for granted!

PhuketBlue said:
If people think they're getting/going go get boring football under Mancini, then I'm sure they won't be too thrilled by the prospect of Mourinho.

Inter fans have had both managers already and I would bet they'd nearly all agree that Mancini is the more attacking/positive manager of the 2.

Hope Mancini gets to the end of the season and then at least another 12 months.
thisss!!!

mcfc_die_hard said:
I can really see the owners going for Mourinho in the summer.

Dont anybody think this is a Mancini out thread because its not at all i quite like the man and think he is a bloody good manager and i reckon we will get top 4 but....

I dont think his style will take us to massive things because it wont work in the prem.

I can just see the owners wanting a proven manager in the prem and can attract any player in the world and may want to get him before the scum do.

What do other people think about this?

agree with every word mate.

OrigamiNinja said:
Soulboy said:
And I will go further on that principle...even though the players may have got us into the top 4, I suggest we then go for the best players in the world to replace the ones we've got...

So... Messi for Bellamy... Buffon for Given... Ibrahimovic for Adebayor... Fabregas
for De Jong... Torres for Tevez... Subotic for Kompany...

Eeh, you're right... it's great fun all this fantasising!

Im not really sure what you are trying to say. Nobody thinks we can get Messi, Fabregas etc however some people, including myself do believe we can get Mourinho. Mourinho keeps saying he wants to come back to the Prem so where is he going?

Liverpool? Possibly but Mourinho is not a manager who likes having restraints put on the way he manages so I would say Liverpools lack of funds would put Mourinho off.
Chelsea? They will win the title this season so wont be looking for a new manager.
City? Unlimited transfer budget, not won a trophy in over 30 years therefore would become a God if he won something.

I know you are sceptical, even I am not convinced just optimistic at this point in time but if Mourinho does want to return to England even you must see that we are one of very few places he could end up?

You forgot Real Madrid.

And Liverpool might be "poor" at the moment, but just like us they are only a telephone call away from being taken over by another billionaire. And don't you think that would tempt Mourinho more than City would?

And I'm not sure if baconface will be there for another couple of years. He's nearing 70, and I think the club will already be making plans for his replacement... I've got a sneaky feeling this might be his last saeson.,..and wouldn't Mourinho's ego love to try to better what Ferguson did?

Like you I am sceptical about it all.

He will be the new manager of real madrid come the summer.
City may well be interested but it will be very difficult to turn his head with it being well documented that they want him in.

Soulboy said:
OrigamiNinja said:

You forgot Real Madrid.

And Liverpool might be "poor" at the moment, but just like us they are only a telephone call away from being taken over by another billionaire. And don't you think that would tempt Mourinho more than City would?

And I'm not sure if baconface will be there for another couple of years. He's nearing 70, and I think the club will already be making plans for his replacement... I've got a sneaky feeling this might be his last saeson.,..and wouldn't Mourinho's ego love to try to better what Ferguson did?

Like you I am sceptical about it all.

I didnt forget Madrid, I purposely left them out because Mourinho has said he wants to return to the Prem, if he goes to Madrid then that is something completely different.

As for Liverpool being taken over it is a possibility but I would say at this point Mourinho ending up at city is no more fanciful than Liverpool being taken over and Mourinho being brought in there.

Mourinho would go United, I have no doubts about that but he is on a hiding to nothing if he does, winning titles is the norm there as is winning FA Cups and the odd Champs League, he would have to maintain this just to remain in the job! To actually go on and better Taggarts success with a squad that most believe is in decline and with a serious lack of funds would require nothing short of a miracle!

fbloke said:
If things carry on in the current style then I fear they will move for the glittering bauble that is Jose.

The only thing to fear, is fear itself.

I agree Mancini has his own attributes, but this club requires a man for the moment, a rallying call, a man to have players walking through bricks wall for.

This is what he brings, and, the more I pick up on, what we will get.

To be entirely honest, there are people who are saying he will be the new manager, whether we get top four or not.

That would say even more to me about Jose's desire and motives.

But nobody can ignore that continual fly in the ointment, Real Madrid.

fbloke said:

Deffo don't think its a done deal but the journo's were all out in Milan this week for the rag game and practically all have come back this weekend and talked about the prospect of him coming to us.

The pieces i read were very positive about him coming back and talking about how much he hates Italy.

Feel very sorry for Mancini as hes 13 or so games in and already the papers are making out hell be off in the summer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.