I never wanted to say this but.....

Soulboy said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
I am not putting Mancini in an impossible situation, soulboy.

City did that the day they were forced to look elsewhere and quickly. The fact is Mancini knew the score and he was the ideal candidate based on a set of circumstances at that particular time.

But didn't you state that last summer Mourinho was coming and that Hughes was getting sacked? That Mourinho had been giving out positive vibes, had met with the right people, yadda yadda...

I'm sure I read it here.. and I thought it was you? Maybe I've got the wrong person, apologies in advance if it wasn't you who claimed this...

But, bottom line, you admit it is NOT a done deal with Mourinmho... yes?

We all know how Jose plays the game and how he uses the press when it suits... and as it has become clear he wants out of Italy in the summer, then it makes sense to start the rumours of.

I'm not disagreeing with you that City would want him, even to sacrifice Mancini to get him, but I really don't see it happening for my previously expressed reasons. Jose has bigger fish to fry rather than trying to rebuild City... he's not a man who waits!

You even finish off by stating that while you'll put your head on the block and predict it is just a matter of time... it's not certain. And if it's not certain then I'm not sure why you're saying it is!

And as for undermining the current manager? That's exactly what is happening. So many on here have written off a top manager because they are all hungrily holding their hands out for Jose, and it might just fuck this club up big-style if Jose has yet another change of heart about City.

I hope you are proved right, but £50 says you won't be.

I'd get better odds at the Bookies!!

At no stage have I said Jose was a done deal, only the mechanics which I have been told has taken place.

You are correct in terms of me saying Jose was coming last summer, again based on the info of what was taking place. What I wasn't privvy to, was Jose turning us down.

This is the only reason they stuck with Mark Hughes, Jose's own agenda seems to have worringly set the timescale for our own uncertainty during the last 12 months in terms of management.

Just to reiterrate, at no stage have I said he has signed a binding agreement. Look at it from the other side of the coin, why would Mourinho want this type of thing in the public domain, he would have Inter coasting just like us.

You are correct, there are still a number of hurdles to overcome before anything concrete comes to happen, either way.

But this forum would be a dull place if all aspects of what goes on in and around our club were not posted.

Your argument about Mancini is flawed, again, he came into this whole period with his eyes open.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
flb said:
Tolmie,just a quick question,why did we get rid of Hughes mid-season if Mourinho was approached about becoming City manager after the seasons end?

Because they were convinced that Hughes was not the right man to continue in the role. No conviction City would be anywhere near the target of top four in a matter of weeks.

There were a combination of arguments both on and off the pitch why the owners pulled the plug. They wanted a man of pedigree to keep us in the mix, hence the initial approach to Hiddink, then Mancini.

I believe Mourinho was sounded out last year, but the indications were not positive. Whether Mourinho's state of mind has changed because of his dislike for Italy, City signing players like Tevez etc, only he knows that.

Are you saying that us coming fourth is a condition of Mourinho coming to City-our owners must have a crystal ball if they think Mancini has a better chance than what Hughes had.

I just hope its not another episode of MCFC shooting itself in the foot

flb said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Because they were convinced that Hughes was not the right man to continue in the role. No conviction City would be anywhere near the target of top four in a matter of weeks.

There were a combination of arguments both on and off the pitch why the owners pulled the plug. They wanted a man of pedigree to keep us in the mix, hence the initial approach to Hiddink, then Mancini.

I believe Mourinho was sounded out last year, but the indications were not positive. Whether Mourinho's state of mind has changed because of his dislike for Italy, City signing players like Tevez etc, only he knows that.

Are you saying that us coming fourth is a condition of Mourinho coming to City-our owners must have a crystal ball if they think Mancini has a better chance than what Hughes had.

Originally, that is what I've been led to believe.

However, in recent weeks, I have heard Mourinho might not be dependent on Champs. Even, Mancini's original mandate has changed.

Don't think it needed a crystal ball to see Mancini would have us sat higher in the table than where Hughes would have been at the end of this season, but that is there decision to take.

The club/Mancini have a get-out clause which covers all the bases.

I have nothing against Mancini at all. He was not delving into the January transfer as much as anybody thought.
He did slip up and say 6 months contract then maybe 3 years and 6 months.
I would love to see Mourinho as Manager. Eespecially if Mancini comes out and states he was caretaker and not sacked. Would make City look less ruthless.
I like to hear Tommy's thoughts.
My only concern about the chance of getting Mourinho is this -
If City finish 5th or lower outside the Chmpions league spot wil he still come?
Will he be able to attract the players with the unlocked safe?
I hope we do see the special one here one day soon.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
flb said:

However, in recent weeks, I have heard Mourinho might not be dependent on Champs. Even, Mancini's original mandate has changed.

Don't think it needed a crystal ball to see Mancini would have us sat higher in the table than where Hughes would have been at the end of this season, but that is there decision to take.

Tolmie,you say in recent weeks youve heard Mourinho might not be dependant on champions league football.

Can you enlighten?

maresa said:
I am tired of ifs, buts and maybes, we had Hughes who might have got us top 4, we now have Mancini who might get us top 4 but Mourinho would get us top 4, no ifs, buts or maybes.

whit the currents players?
I tink NOT!!!

but i am an inter fans, and i hope that you drop Mancini in end season and sign Josè: so, happily, Mancini will be back to Inter!!!!

yeah !!

like you , i really HOPE they are right , give us mancini back and put josè moaninho out of our balls

flb said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Tolmie,you say in recent weeks youve heard Mourinho might not be dependant on champions league football.

Can you enlighten?

Exactly that!

Champs League football might not be the be and end of all. Especially, if we have Europa League and Prem League title to have a serious go at.

His ego certainly suggests he loves a challenge...City certainly wouldn't disappoint him on that score!

Oh please dont turn this into a Tolmie witchhunt.

Its quite simple.

There are indications that Jose will be City manager, there is a desire at the club for that to happen.

If all things fall into place it will.

Unless THD is in fact a member of City's board he wont know for certain.

What if we end up with .....Kidd!....... just as easy to speculate that he could step in, (he is waiting in the wings).

I think Zin Zimmer was the first to speculate Mouriniho was lined up last year.......it didn't happen, I don't believe it will and if we sack another manager it could just as easily be Kidd who steps in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.