I never wanted to say this but.....

I don't believe for a minute that the Utd job would interest Mourinho.

He can only fail. Follwing in Ferguson's shoes, especially when the club have severe financial restrictions, would be a nightmare.

I think, even if mourinho was offered both jobs, he'd take ours.

Total control. Unlimited budget. Huge challenge.

The real top men want to build a dynasty, not hijack someone elses.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
fbloke said:
If things carry on in the current style then I fear they will move for the glittering bauble that is Jose.

The only thing to fear, is fear itself.

I agree Mancini has his own attributes, but this club requires a man for the moment, a rallying call, a man to have players walking through bricks wall for.

This is what he brings, and, the more I pick up on, what we will get.

To be entirely honest, there are people who are saying he will be the new manager, whether we get top four or not.

That would say even more to me about Jose's desire and motives.

But nobody can ignore that continual fly in the ointment, Real Madrid.

Are you wavering at all considering you were really sure recently?

Has anything happened or been said etc that would make you doubt, or be more certain of Mourinho?

I know you originally spoke in terms of it being very likely to happen but in truth I would expect doubt to start to creep in?

Immaculate Pasta said:
mcfc_die_hard said:
I can really see the owners going for Mourinho in the summer.

Dont anybody think this is a Mancini out thread because its not at all i quite like the man and think he is a bloody good manager and i reckon we will get top 4 but....

I dont think his style will take us to massive things because it wont work in the prem.

I can just see the owners wanting a proven manager in the prem and can attract any player in the world and may want to get him before the scum do.

What do other people think about this?

His temporary style at the moment is the pernament style of Mourinho.

Let Mancini build a squad and we will get entertaining football.
Let Mourinho build a squad and all those who are moaning about Mancini will have comitted suicide six months into his reign.

The one thing, no the only thing that people don't like about Mancini at the moment is the style of football that he is FORCED to use in order to gain enough points to secure him a job here. So why does Mourinho keep getting mentioned?

Where has this new fad of calling the way we play a "temporary style" come from? It is total crap. The guy has no idea about Engglish football. 3 DM's - No subs when Stoke went down to 10 men etc etc. That has nothing to do with a temporary style. It is just a clueless manager. Yes he won stuff in Italy but have you watched Serie A? It is shite and boring and exactly the sort of fare we had to put up with yesterday.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
fbloke said:
If things carry on in the current style then I fear they will move for the glittering bauble that is Jose.

I agree Mancini has his own attributes, but this club requires a man for the moment, a rallying call, a man to have players walking through bricks wall for.

To be entirely honest, there are people who are saying he will be the new manager, whether we get top four or not.

I don't doubt for a second that there are voices at City claiming that Mourinho is the best we could get... even if Mancini gets top 4... I don't question that.

But what I do question is this mistaken and on-going belief that it is a "done deal". Nothing could be further from the truth.

All you are doing is getting people giddy on here at the prospect of the best manager in the world taking over at City... you are raising expectations and putting Mancini in an impossible position... as every bad defeat or performance inevitably has the same siren voices coming on and telliing us not to worry as "Mourinho will be here in the summer"...

But what if he isn't? What if he does go to Real Madrid ... and you even comment that this is a strong possibility... where does that leave the current manager?

It leaves him as a dead man walking... as second hand goods... as a poor man's replacement for Jose... instaed of him being given the respect he deserves, all that is being created on here is an expectation that Jose will take over soon and everything will be all right.

Like I say, I would love Jose here (and I am a huge Mancini fan as well) but I don't see it happening for many reasons.

Every time posters such as yourself come on telling everyone that Jose is coming you just as quickly state that it is not a done deal.. so if it's not a done deal... stop saying that he is coming! All you are doing is speculating like the rest of us,but none of you know for certain.

I'm sure this has been the plan all along. I reckon even Mancini understands this.

Its a match made in heaven too imo.

Balti said:
I'm sure this has been the plan all along. I reckon even Mancini understands this.

So is me and Megan Fox, but that aint gonna happen either ;-)

fbloke said:
Balti said:

You never know. You may get taken over by an Arab Billionaire one day. I'm sure she'll take you seriously then.

fbloke said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Has anything happened or been said etc that would make you doubt, or be more certain of Mourinho?

I know you originally spoke in terms of it being very likely to happen but in truth I would expect doubt to start to creep in?

My information is third-hand, albeit, from people high enough up the club tree to know these things, with no agendas, people who have worked there and seen both the good and bad times.

This is why there always has be an element of doubt. Mourinho has knocked us back before having initially given out positive vibes.

I do sense there is a feeling now the club should have been straighter with fans in terms of Mancini's caretaker role.

Things can get very confused over the period of time, but the biggest indicator for me was a few hours before Mark Hughes' sacking.

I was told Hughes was being sacked later that day, I was told Mancini was a short term deal until the end of the season (this has subsequently been borne out in various comments from himself).

I was told we had received strong indications Jose Mourinho had agreed to become the next manager of Manchester City this summer, that he was being handed the keys to the safe.

Jose did not want to leave Inter Milan mid-season, prior to having a go at Champs League, especially so, having drawn Chelsea and being clear at the top of the table.

If you want me to go balls out, I have no problem with that. Jose Mourinho is the next manager in waiting of Man City and we are about to announce the club to the entire world.

It will be the greatest summer in our history, the very cream of world footballing talent rockin' up to our place.

Whether anyone chooses to believe, is another matter. If it doesn't happen, there is nothing myself or source for info would have been able to do about it.

I will caveat this by saying I have nothing against Mancini whatsoever, but don't be too surprised if he is shown the door and the pain may be relieved very quickly by Inter Milan...

hgblue said:
fbloke said:

You never know. You may get taken over by an Arab Billionaire one day. I'm sure she'll take you seriously then.

Top class response.

Would have even even funnier if you'd said "You might become a billionaire one day"!

tolmie's hairdoo said:
fbloke said:

My information is third-hand, albeit, from people high enough up the club tree to know these things, with no agendas, people who have worked there and seen both the good and bad times.

This is why there always has be an element of doubt. Mourinho has knocked us back before having initially given out positive vibes.

I do sense there is a feeling now the club should have been straighter with fans in terms of Mancini's caretaker role.

Things can get very confused over the period of time, but the biggest indicator for me was a few hours before Mark Hughes' sacking.

I was told Hughes was being sacked later that day, I was told Mancini was a short term deal until the end of the season (this has subsequently been borne out in various comments from himself).

I was told we had received strong indications Jose Mourinho had agreed to become the next manager of Manchester City this summer, that he was being handed the keys to the safe.

Jose did not want to leave Inter Milan mid-season, prior to having a go at Champs League, especially so, having drawn Chelsea and being clear at the top of the table.

If you want me to go balls out, I have no problem with that. Jose Mourinho is the next manager in waiting of Man City and we are about to announce the club to the entire world.

It will be the greatest summer in our history, the very cream of world footballing talent rockin' up to our place.

Whether anyone chooses to believe, is another matter. If it doesn't happen, there is nothing myself or source for info would have been able to do about it.

I will caveat this by saying I have nothing against Mancini whatsoever, but don't be too surprised if he is shown the door and the pain may be relieved very quickly by Inter Milan...

Tolmie,just a quick question,why did we get rid of Hughes mid-season if Mourinho was approached about becoming City manager after the seasons end?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.