I never wanted to say this but.....

Soulboy said:
OrigamiNinja said:
Couldnt disagree more.

I know that if Mourinho got the job he would be in some ways our last hope on the basis that he is the best and if he cant produce the goods nobody can. The problem at the minute is that we keep appointing managers in hope rather than expectation and when things dont go as planned/hoped people like myself can always point to the fact that we dont have the best in charge and until we have the best in charge we wont fulfil our potential. Put Mourinho in charge and I guarantee the 'moaners' and 'not real fans' like myself will shut up once and for all, in fact the only thing I will moan about is how travelling to all those Champions League Finals are costing me a fortune!

You've just made the EXACT point I was trying to make with Tolmie's Hairdoo a few posts earlier!

No matter what manager we have, unless it's Mourinho, all we will ever get is that the incumbent manager is just keeping the seat warm until the Special One finally takes over... and until that happens people will be in a permanent state of dissappointment and expectation.

And what chance does Mancini have when faced with that?

It means that no matter what Mancni acheives, it will never be quite good enough as Mourinho would always achieve more.

So what happens in the summer if Mourinho turns us down once again? Does that mean the critics of Mancini will roll up their tents and accept the manager and give him the support he deserves? Or do they just carry on moaning because the Special One is still out there just waiting for that magic moment when he eventually takes over?

You can't leave a manager in limbo. We either back him or sack him. We did that with Hughes, we might have to do that with Mancini. And if Mourinho doesn't come in... then who next?

There's no one else out there I'd have, to be honest.

And if wonder of wonders, Mourinho DID take over in the summer... the expectation levels at City will make the current demands seem like a picnic.

So Mourinho has to deliver... straightaway... 'cos be assured there will be no honeymoon period, no time for him to build his own team... he's the Special One after all, and all on here would expect instant succeess.

And if after half a season it was as "bad" as it is now... what then?

The call goes up for Hiddink? Or Capello? Or Moyes...

If Mourinho moves to somewhere else in the summer, then the realisation will dawn that he's probably never coming and Mancini's position will be strengthened. Having said that, I happen to believe he will come here in the summer and Mancini will replace him at Inter. Everybody happy?

hgblue said:
Soulboy said:
You've just made the EXACT point I was trying to make with Tolmie's Hairdoo a few posts earlier!

No matter what manager we have, unless it's Mourinho, all we will ever get is that the incumbent manager is just keeping the seat warm until the Special One finally takes over... and until that happens people will be in a permanent state of dissappointment and expectation.

And what chance does Mancini have when faced with that?

It means that no matter what Mancni acheives, it will never be quite good enough as Mourinho would always achieve more.

So what happens in the summer if Mourinho turns us down once again? Does that mean the critics of Mancini will roll up their tents and accept the manager and give him the support he deserves? Or do they just carry on moaning because the Special One is still out there just waiting for that magic moment when he eventually takes over?

You can't leave a manager in limbo. We either back him or sack him. We did that with Hughes, we might have to do that with Mancini. And if Mourinho doesn't come in... then who next?

There's no one else out there I'd have, to be honest.

And if wonder of wonders, Mourinho DID take over in the summer... the expectation levels at City will make the current demands seem like a picnic.

So Mourinho has to deliver... straightaway... 'cos be assured there will be no honeymoon period, no time for him to build his own team... he's the Special One after all, and all on here would expect instant succeess.

And if after half a season it was as "bad" as it is now... what then?

The call goes up for Hiddink? Or Capello? Or Moyes...

If Mourinho moves to somewhere else in the summer, then the realisation will dawn that he's probably never coming and Mancini's position will be strengthened. Having said that, I happen to believe he will come here in the summer and Mancini will replace him at Inter. Everybody happy?

How is Mancini's poosition strengthened!

We ask Mourinho to take over... he turns us down... and Mancini's position is strengthened!

You're havin' a larf!

If Hughes wouldn't accept being fucked about like that, why on earth do you believe that Mancini will swallow it? I'm sure Roberto has a bit more pride than that.

Soulboy said:
hgblue said:

How is Mancini's poosition strengthened!

We ask Mourinho to take over... he turns us down... and Mancini's position is strengthened!

You're havin' a larf!

If Hughes wouldn't accept being fucked about like that, why on earth do you believe that Mancini will swallow it? I'm sure Roberto has a bit more pride than that.

Mancini's a big boy. He must surely know that we will be in the market for a top manager like Mourinho if he becomes available. If Mourinho chooses to go elsewhere then I'd expect Mancini to heave a sigh of relief and get on with the job. As for why I believe his position will be strengthened, well I reckon even the strongest Mourinho fan amongst us will have to accept he's never coming (especially if he joins an English rival club like Liverpool or United), and this will strengthen Mancini's position imo.

Mancio said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
I've had the same information as tolmie's hairdoo and Didsbury Dave and don't post inside information unless I'm sure of what I'm posting. I've also had some information about Hughes's sacking (but not the full story) which I've posted before.

This is just an educated guess but from what I gather, it was about the move to secure a new manager, which Hughes had become aware of and felt was undermining his position. I strongly suspect he issued a "back me or sack me" ultimatum and the club were unwilling to do the former so did the latter. I also suspect that some sort of agreement had been reached with Mourinho for the summer but Mancini was the only one of the managers they had been talking to who was actually available at short notice. Hence the "6 months plus 3 years" contract.

yes , mancini was in talking with juventus and liverpool , but surely he prefear a six mounth holiday in manchester

this forum is an umbelieveble source of laughter
I'm not laughing. In fact you are beginning to seriously irritate me. I know what I've been told and I know who told me.

And maybe he has been talking to Juve & Liverpool but clearly neither wanted him just at that point. Or maybe they said "Yes but not till next season". Hence he may as well earn £5m at City for 6 months.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Mancio said:
yes , mancini was in talking with juventus and liverpool , but surely he prefear a six mounth holiday in manchester

I'm not laughing. In fact you are beginning to seriously irritate me. I know what I've been told and I know who told me.

And maybe he has been talking to Juve & Liverpool but clearly neither wanted him just at that point. Or maybe they said "Yes but not till next season". Hence he may as well earn £5m at City for 6 months.

...and learn better English. And learn about the premier league.

TheMightyQuinn said:
hgblue said:
You're suffering from a bad case of Bluemoonitis. I think you need a couple of Paracetamol and a BJ.

I'm ok for Paracetamol mate but if you can pop round at about 4.30 or so for the BJ I'd be much obliged.

Sorry to disappoint but Yossi Benayoun goes down more often than me. Glad to see you've cheered up a bit though.

OrigamiNinja said:
The only question that needs to be answered is Will Mancini have us challenging for the title? If the answer is yes then we should stick with him no matter what the standard of football because at the end of whichever season it is we as fans will not be saying "I am not bothered that we won the title, the standard of football was rubbish"!

My concern is that the answer to the above question is no! I see him turning us into a carbon copy of Benitez's Liverpool and that worries me greatly. The history of the Prem tells you that its the teams that score plenty of goals that wins titles. Mancini has us playing for a 1-0 win every week at this moment in time, if he achieved it I would have no complaints but it just does not look like happening.

Now people can slate Mourinhos style of play (personally I think it is myth that his teams are boring) but they get the job done, if Mourinho had us playing for 1-0 wins every week he would make damn sure that we did it.

I am tired of ifs, buts and maybes, we had Hughes who might have got us top 4, we now have Mancini who might get us top 4 but Mourinho would get us top 4, no ifs, buts or maybes. If there was ever a club that needs the over confidence and brashness of Mr Mourinho it is Manchester City, for too long the mentality of the club has been all wrong, happy to be 2nd best and then have a good laugh at ourselves whilst muttering the words 'typical City'. Its about time we had a born winner in charge who doesnt settle for 2nd best, who in fact demands success and will dispense with the term 'typical City' once and for all.

Mourinho at Manchester City is a match made in heaven!
Agree 100 percent

hgblue said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
I'm ok for Paracetamol mate but if you can pop round at about 4.30 or so for the BJ I'd be much obliged.

Sorry to disappoint but Yossi Benayoun goes down more often than me. Glad to see you've cheered up a bit though.

I reckon TMQ's been for his afternoon smoke and smoothie.

He's always more fun after that.

I've always rated mancini high and never could understand what's people obsession with Mourinho is all about.

Anyways this is what one of italy's football experts said about mourinho just this week, make whatever you want about it you're self:

Now Jose mourinho "Arogantio" has thrown the toys out the pram with the Press ban. Like all bullies he doesn’t like it when people stand up to him. Who does he want to ban next? Opposing teams because they want to play decent football? He doesn’t deserve to be called a football expert.

The cracks are starting to show. This is the end of his time at Chelsea all over again. When Inter are knocked out of the Champions League and Roma catch them in the league watch him walk out in a huff before the end of the season.

And the really annoying thing is when Inter won three Scudetti with Mancini in charge, did they act and play like this? NO. They played football and had a "MAN" in charge who had grace, a sense of fair play, was not paranoid and who sent his team out to play football. And mancini built the team for Arogantio to walk into [same situation at Chelsea with Ranieri]. Jose Arogantio, he doesn’t just have a chip on his shoulder but a whole field of potatoes.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Mancio said:

Mate what did you hear regarding Mourinho? Do you think it's a done deal then?

When are you next prideing it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.