I never wanted to say this but.....

bugsyblue said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
I'm not laughing. In fact you are beginning to seriously irritate me. I know what I've been told and I know who told me.

And maybe he has been talking to Juve & Liverpool but clearly neither wanted him just at that point. Or maybe they said "Yes but not till next season". Hence he may as well earn £5m at City for 6 months.

Mate what did you hear regarding Mourinho? Do you think it's a done deal then?

When are you next prideing it?
Looks like we'll be Prideing it every bloody night this week. We've got a £100 bar tab to get rid of by Thursday and no match on TV.

hgblue said:
Soulboy said:
How is Mancini's poosition strengthened!

We ask Mourinho to take over... he turns us down... and Mancini's position is strengthened!

You're havin' a larf!

If Hughes wouldn't accept being fucked about like that, why on earth do you believe that Mancini will swallow it? I'm sure Roberto has a bit more pride than that.

Mancini's a big boy. He must surely know that we will be in the market for a top manager like Mourinho if he becomes available. If Mourinho chooses to go elsewhere then I'd expect Mancini to heave a sigh of relief and get on with the job. As for why I believe his position will be strengthened, well I reckon even the strongest Mourinho fan amongst us will have to accept he's never coming (especially if he joins an English rival club like Liverpool or United), and this will strengthen Mancini's position imo.

So, in effect, you are hoping that Mancini doesn't act the way that Hughes acted, and how most managers would act, that when they learn about the owners looking for another manager, while they are still in post, they resign and get paid off?

It's a bold viewpoint I must admit.

We're hoping that when we go for Mourinho and if he turns us down, that Mancini just swallows it and carries on... apparently without any pride or backbone.

And if that did happen, and Mancini opted to leave... who do we go for then?

Better the devil you know, at times, and I'd not take the chance with losing Mancini unless we already had an agreement in place with Mourinho... which clearly isn't the case at the moment.

The point I think I'm trying to make is that all this Mourinho talk IS undermining the current manager's position... in so far as the fans have already dismissed him as stand-in... and presumably the players are now thinking similar?

Soulboy said:
The point I think I'm trying to make is that all this Mourinho talk IS undermining the current manager's position... in so far as the fans have already dismissed him as stand-in... and presumably the players are now thinking similar?

I think that is the case. That's always the risk in this sort of scenario.

But you're damned if you do and damned if you don't in this scenario.

If you tell everyone it's a temporary appointment, then people can just coast. If you don't tell tham you reduce the risk of that. But get accused of being dishonest down the line.

I think City have tried to cover things up but word is out.

One thing's for absolute sure. City is still not a tight ship when it comes to leaks.

Didsbury Dave said:
The real top men want to build a dynasty, not hijack someone elses.

Not sure about that, the top men just want to win things

Latest odds on William Hill:

WILLIAM HILL make Manchester City 7/4 favourites to be the next club Jose Mourinho will manage - while he is a 12/1 chance to return to Chelsea. 'The Special One seems to be angling for a return to England and this week's Champions League clash will probably make him even more keen to do so, and we certainly believe there is every chance that his next club will be in the Premier League.
Hills offer 2/5 that Mourinho will leave Inter before the first day of next season.
Hills make Jose's Inter 6/4 to eliminate Chelsea from the Champions League, with Chelsea 1/2 favourites to progress. (90m play 1st Leg - 8/5 Inter; 2/1draw; 15/8 Chelsea)
Jose Mourinho's Next Club
Man City- 7/4
Real Madrid- 3/1
Barcelona- 7/1
Liverpool- 7/1
Man Utd-9/1
Chelsea- 12/1
Arsenal-20/1
Others On Request

To Be Inter Manager 1st Day Of Next Season
No- 2/5; Yes - 7/4

Didsbury Dave said:
Soulboy said:

I think that is the case. That's always the risk in this sort of scenario.

But you're damned if you do and damned if you don't in this scenario.

If you tell everyone it's a temporary appointment, then people can just coast. If you don't tell tham you reduce the risk of that. But get accused of being dishonest down the line.

I think City have tried to cover things up but word is out.

One thing's for absolute sure. City is still not a tight ship when it comes to leaks.
Alternatively, you make a complete balls up at the press conference and get accused of being dishonest with the previous manager and render any cover up of future actions totally impossible.

Damocles said:
The OP is hilarious.

Mancini is unproven?
This style doesn't work in the Prem?

i cba reading all the pages so i will just reply to this.

i forgot all of the trophys mancini has won in england?

and some of you think that i want mancini out which is bollocks because i want him to stay because i think hes a good manager but its what i think the owners will do

Soulboy said:
Eggsy said:
He has not even been able to bring all his own backroom staff with him let alone bring in his own players. Does anybody believe that Brian Kidd was Mancini's choice as assistant ?

I hope that he does get the time, but I will be suprised if he can not even bring his own team in to help himachieve this.

And do you think Ancelotti selected Ray Wilkins to be his right hand man..?

They don't seem to be doing too badly with that joint appointment, eh?
Slightly different, as Wilkins speaks Italian, and has links with AC Milan, having played for them. Pretty sure that Mancini would not of known to much about Kidd.

Eggsy said:
Soulboy said:
And do you think Ancelotti selected Ray Wilkins to be his right hand man..?

They don't seem to be doing too badly with that joint appointment, eh?
Slightly different, as Wilkins speaks Italian, and has links with AC Milan, having played for them. Pretty sure that Mancini would not of known to much about Kidd.
When a foreign manager comes to England it's pretty common for them to have a number 2 who is in some way connected with the club, Mourinho/Clarke, Wenger/Rice, Scolari/Wilkins, Ancelotti/Wilkins, Mancini/Kidd. It helps the new manager settle in and learn the history and reputation of the club and how the club "works".

Prestwich_Blue said:
Sorry but this myth about Mourinho and boring football needs to be put to bed. Under him, Chelsea had the second, then the highest goals per game ratio in the Premiership. I also work with a Chelsea fan who says that the football under Mourinho was well worth watching. Of course there were times when they had to grind out a win, as all top teams do, but on the whole the Chelsea faithful had no complaints about the football on show.

There is no way Mourinho would have sat back and been satisfied with a 0-0 draw at home against a decent but limited team like Liverpool.

First of all we never sat back.

Second of all, they both drew 0-0 in the Champions League in 2005 and Chelsea beat Liverpool 1-0 four times in his time at Stamford Bridge, EACH time sitting back and getting the single goal.

Well we had a 2-2 under Hughes

A 0-0 under Mancini

....and Mourinho has won 1-0 four times against them.

I think that says more than this whole thread put together. Wonderfully simple.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.