i pad query

Skashion said:
TCIB said:
One of many business practices that make me dislike them.
A million miles away from the company it was when Woz was in charge and the Apple II had EIGHT expansion slots. I always enjoy reading this story too. Burrell, another legend:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.folklore.org/StoryView.py?project=Macintosh&story=Diagnostic_Port.txt&characters=Steve%20Wozniak&sortOrder=Sort%20by%20Date&detail=high&showcomments=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.folklore.org/StoryView.py?pr ... comments=1</a>
You're becoming a parody of yourself where apple are concerned.

Re: Re: i pad query

TCIB said:
Skashion said:
TCIB said:
One of many business practices that make me dislike them.
A million miles away from the company it was when Woz was in charge and the Apple II had EIGHT expansion slots. I always enjoy reading this story too. Burrell, another legend:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.folklore.org/StoryView.py?project=Macintosh&story=Diagnostic_Port.txt&characters=Steve%20Wozniak&sortOrder=Sort%20by%20Date&detail=high&showcomments=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.folklore.org/StoryView.py?pr ... comments=1</a>

Ahh yeah, they had respectable values then indeed.
I do not really recognize this angry monster they have become, no matter how many smiley happy ads they put on tv.

I am quite a supporter of samsung partly because of them being the only ones to really stick it to Apple.

Except Apple is a more successful company

johnmc said:
TCIB said:
Skashion said:

I do not really recognize this angry monster they have become, no matter how many smiley happy ads they put on tv.

I am quite a supporter of samsung partly because of them being the only ones to really stick it to Apple.

United are a more successful football club with a far larger following around the world than us. Your point?

Re: Re: Re: i pad query

wayne71 said:
johnmc said:
TCIB said:

United are a more successful football club with a far larger following around the world than us. Your point?

My point being, using your example, that united could put anyone else in their place if someone put it to them (unfortunately) in respect of success.

TCIB said:

The good engineers soon left. Another good story about Burrell leaving: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.folklore.org/StoryView.py?project=Macintosh&story=Are_You_Gonna_Do_It.txt&characters=Burrell%20Smith&sortOrder=Sort%20by%20Date&detail=medium" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.folklore.org/StoryView.py?pr ... ail=medium</a>

Wish he had done it. Woz and Andy left too of course.<br /><br />-- Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:44 pm --<br /><br />
SWP's back said:
You're becoming a parody of yourself where apple are concerned.
and you're sounding like another fanboy.

Re: Re: Re: i pad query

johnmc said:
wayne71 said:
johnmc said:

My point being, using your example, that united could put anyone else in their place if someone put it to them (unfortunately) in respect of success.

Well you need to factor in apple could not make the new ipad without samsung as there is vital samsung componants in the ipad3 :)

johnmc said:
TCIB said:
Skashion said:

Increased its market capitalisation by 48% in the first 3 months.

As a company, it is awesome however you feel about the way it works.

-- Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:00 pm --

Skashion said:
and you're sounding like another fanboy.
That's as bad as the plebs saying "another daily mail reader" to anyone they don't agree with on here.

I thought you better than that.

Woz and apple separated, you're really going to have to come to terms with that at some point fella.

SWP's back said:
That's as bad as the plebs saying "another daily mail reader" to anyone they don't agree with on here.

Woz and apple separated, you're really going to have to come to terms with that at some point fella.
Not really, because I can justify it. Listen up. You're saying it doesn't really matter that you can't expand the storage because it's so easy transferring etc. So what, it's irrelevant to you but not to others. You should appreciate the option of choice as a professed libertarian and fan of free markets (which are about choice) but when it comes to Apple, you don't. You just accept that you're given what you're given. Why can't the iPad and iPhone have expansion slots and removable batteries? Why can't Macs have Blu-Ray drives? It would be very easy to add as BTO. It would be very easy to add them at very little cost. No, disregard that, because you don't need them and want to defend a company rather than accept that they should offer a choice. That is a fanboy response. Apple could provide the option but doesn't because of the philosophy of one man dating back to 1977. Read the story I've posted. For pennies he wanted tracks cut out that would allow people to solder their own RAM. Pennies difference. He always has treated the user with utter contempt. Don't you understand how Apple treats you with the height of sneering arrogance by considering you unfit to add an SD card or that you're a monkey who will stump up £160 for a 64GB version when you could get an SD card for £20 to add the same amount of storage?

I don't expect non-technical people to fully appreciate the history of openness in technology. I don't expect non-technical people to appreciate hacker ethics. I don't expect non-technical people to revere Stallman, Torvalds, Woz et al. Maybe you can appreciate though that we do, and it's for a bloody good reason.

By the way, Woz still works for Apple.

Skashion said:
SWP's back said:

Not really, because I can justify it. Listen up. You're saying it doesn't really matter that you can't expand the storage because it's so easy transferring etc. So what, it's irrelevant to you but not to others. You should appreciate the option of choice as a professed libertarian and fan of free markets (which are about choice) but when it comes to Apple, you don't. You just accept that you're given what you're given. Why can't the iPad and iPhone have expansion slots and removable batteries? Why can't Macs have Blu-Ray drives? It would be very easy to add as BTO. It would be very easy to add them at very little cost. No, disregard that, because you don't need them and want to defend a company rather than accept that they should offer a choice. That is a fanboy response. Apple could provide the option but doesn't because of the philosophy of one man dating back to 1977. Read the story I've posted. For pennies he wanted tracks cut out that would allow people to solder their own RAM. Pennies difference. He always has treated the user with utter contempt. Don't you understand how Apple treats you with the height of sneering arrogance by considering you fit to add an SD card or that you're a monkey who will stump up £160 for a 64GB version when you could get an SD card for £20 to add the same amount of storage?

I don't expect non-technical people to fully appreciate the history of openness in technology. I don't expect non-technical people to appreciate hacker ethics. I don't expect non-technical people to revere Stallman, Torvalds, Woz et al. Maybe you can appreciate though that we do, and it's for a bloody good reason.

By the way, Woz still works for Apple.
As a Libertarian I do believe in a free market. Apple are a product of that, their business model is a result of such and a shining example of how to maximise market share and profit. You should also be in awe of them as a self professed Libertarian. It just doesn't suit your technological ideals.

But you are becoming a parody by coming into every Apple related thread and bemoaning the lack of Woz. I didn't say it's a bad thing, it's just a truism.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.