i pad query

Re: Re: i pad query

SWP's back said:
As a Libertarian I do believe in a free market. Apple are a product of that, their business model is a result of such and a shining example of how to maximise market share and profit. You should also be in awe of them as a self professed Libertarian. It just doesn't suit your technological ideals.

But you are becoming a parody by coming into every Apple related thread and bemoaning the lack of Woz. I didn't say it's a bad thing, it's just a truism.
Being a libertarian doesn't mean loving companies who can maximise profit and certainly not market share. I don't know where the fuck you've got that wacky idea. My technological ideals are libertarian ones.

I have also given advice to de niro on the original issue via PM. I also give advice to Mac users on how to maximise the value of their Mac. I'd also happily give out OS X advice if anyone needed it. Yes, I bemoan the lack of Woz here because, if you've read the stories I've posted, the current lack of expandability - which is the issue here, goes back to Woz's ideas of expandability versus Jobs' of a closed system which the user can't lay its hands on. OK, perhaps I can accept I go over the top at times, BUT, in this case it was 100% justified. I didn't even go off-topic from the OP to do it. The thread is about lack of storage!

Skashion said:
SWP's back said:
As a Libertarian I do believe in a free market. Apple are a product of that, their business model is a result of such and a shining example of how to maximise market share and profit. You should also be in awe of them as a self professed Libertarian. It just doesn't suit your technological ideals.

But you are becoming a parody by coming into every Apple related thread and bemoaning the lack of Woz. I didn't say it's a bad thing, it's just a truism.
Being a libertarian doesn't mean loving companies who can maximise profit and certainly not market share. I don't know where the fuck you've got that wacky idea. My technological ideals are libertarian ones.
Surely a company is free to persue the business model that best maximises their productivity?

ps - Woz doesn't "work" at Apple, I thought he receives a pay cheque from them on a consultancy *nudge nudge wink wink* basis.

SWP's back said:
Skashion said:
SWP's back said:

Surely a company is free to persue the business model that best maximises their productivity?

ps - Woz doesn't "work" at Apple, I thought he receives a pay cheque from them on a consultancy *nudge nudge wink wink* basis.

The thing is a lot of people are so stupid with apple products if they did bring out expand ability these same people would think they invented it. It's technology for a dumbed down generation

Posted from my iPhone 4s

SWP's back said:

It is free to do it, and it is free to produce what they want. It doesn't mean those with libertarian ideals should love it though. They produce thoroughly anti-libertarian products with closed hardware and 'walled-garden' software which they censor through their App Store.

No, as stated earlier, he left a long time ago but never gave up his salary so he can remain a representative at Apple events. He's an incredible person who's still loyal to the company. It's just a shame Apple doesn't produce the feats of brilliant and open engineering it once did. That was a result of chasing away talented and open-minded engineers like Woz, Burrell and Andy.

Back on topic.

You don't need a lot of storage on an iPad. That's not it's purpose. Stick all your films on your home pc and stream them with plex or any other media server.

and as for whether Apple are any good.
graph-steve-jobs-and-apple-share-price-data.png

Currently trading around $620 and believed to have a true value of $1000 a share.

(I got mine in 99)

de niro said:
jess has downloaded 2 films and 4 tv shows, now its saying there is no space.

is this normal?
cheers.

its 16gb

It'd be a lot easier for her to stream the tv shows and films, she'd be able to watch them the same and save tons of space.

Things like LoveFilm, 4OD, BBC iPlayer ect.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.