"I Played For Man City Once You Know"

My rag mate keeps telling me about 40 years ago a guy played his first game for city, scored a hatrick at smashed his leg against a post and could never play again. Is this my raggy mate talking crap as per or is this true

He doesn’t know his name

It always makes me laugh when you hear parents or relatives saying that their son is 'playing for City' ! What, him and about three thousand other lads aged between 8 and 13 who are not bad but are just being tried out in case 1 in a thousand of them might actually be good enough and make it one day ! Or at the other end you get the 'I played for City once' brigade who 'never actually played in the first team ' but were 'on City's books as a youngster' !! Yeah, bo*ll*cks, you've never played for City until you've played for the first team in a competitive game. Then you can go on for the rest of your life about how you played for City, but if not keep it shut and stop trying to show off !!

peter.evans said:
It always makes me laugh when you hear parents or relatives saying that their son is 'playing for City' ! What, him and about three thousand other lads aged between 8 and 13 who are not bad but are just being tried out in case 1 in a thousand of them might actually be good enough and make it one day ! Or at the other end you get the 'I played for City once' brigade who 'never actually played in the first team ' but were 'on City's books as a youngster' !! Yeah, bo*ll*cks, you've never played for City until you've played for the first team in a competitive game. Then you can go on for the rest of your life about how you played for City, but if not keep it shut and stop trying to show off !!
[bigimg]http://www.buzzedup.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/angry1.jpg[/bigimg]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.