I preferred it when we were sh1t

Twenty or so years ago in a bar on the Costa del sol watching three different premier league games at the same time. Jumping with joy as Sky Sports showed we had got a last minute equaliser at Northampton to draw 2 2. Walking home pissed feeling like we had won the cup final. No I wouldn't like to go back to those days but it gives you a sense of prospective that younger blues lack. To truly appreciate what we have now you have to have lived through the eighties and nineties.

Wasn't that Bill Black and Levensulme branch did he move to Cornwall ? Good lad and top blue not seen him for year's hope he's enjoying our success
It is indeed, and yes he moved to Cornwall. Plenty of familiar faces on that coach, including Lecky who was the originator of the City 'Til I Die chant. Had numerous epic days out (and full weekends come to mention it) on the piss travelling with the Leve branch. That video is from a few months before I started going to away games with them.

One thing with today is the pressure to keep winning and not losing. For me the league is the one to win every year. Mind you we are getting better at never dropping any points. The best i could have hoped for pre 2008 was a sneaky league cup final. I would have been very happy with that. After QPR i said if we never win anything again i could die happy. I had seen us come close in 77.

i had a great time when we where shit with my mates home and away in the pub
i think it was the gallows humour and the fact we could laugh at ourselves, same old city,
but absolutely no chance would i swap that for what we have now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.