I.S take town on Syrian/Turkish border.

people who went to fight franco were fighting for democracy against totalitarianism

people joining the beheading murdering IS scum are doing the opposite

the two things are poles apart

Balti said:
people who went to fight franco were fighting for democracy against totalitarianism

Well said.

Balti said:

They are different in your eyes as that helps you come to terms with something i suggest you have about as much knowledge of as me. Which is minute.

The cause is irrelevant the idealism is the reality. Young men have ever been subject to radicalisation, they can be easily led. Not one poster has blamed the person who radicalised the young Brit, you have all been quick to rejoice in the death of a 17 year old knowing that in your eyes you are right as he was going fighting for "beheading scum"

If any of you truly believe he was radicalised because he had the chance to go and chop peoples heads off then i feel sorry for you. The Radicalisation would have been the creation of the true Islamic Caliphate, the beheadings are a sideshow. Do you think Hitler when he was radicalising German society with his promise of a true Aryan state won most of his support because he was going to gas jews? No, of course not so its plainly nonsense.

Rascal said:
Balti said:

They are different in your eyes as that helps you come to terms with something i suggest you have about as much knowledge of as me. Which is minute.

The cause is irrelevant the idealism is the reality. Young men have ever been subject to radicalisation, they can be easily led. Not one poster has blamed the person who radicalised the young Brit, you have all been quick to rejoice in the death of a 17 year old knowing that in your eyes you are right as he was going fighting for "beheading scum"

If any of you truly believe he was radicalised because he had the chance to go and chop peoples heads off then i feel sorry for you. The Radicalisation would have been the creation of the true Islamic Caliphate, the beheadings are a sideshow. Do you think Hitler when he was radicalising German society with his promise of a true Aryan state won most of his support because he was going to gas jews? No, of course not so its plainly nonsense.
But his anti-semitism was quite public and a central part of his appeal, having a nasty little enemy within that people could focus on.

Ban-jani said:
Balti said:

Well said.

Very.

But the LWNJ's will still excuse them as ever ....

Rascal said:
Balti said:

I actually said the father needs to blame the IS.

And as Colin said above he openly displayed anti- semitism right from the word go.

Re: I.S take town on Syrian/Turkish boarder.

Gabriel said:
Realpolitik is alive and well. Turkey lets IS kill as many Kurdish fighters as possible and sits back until it feels compelled (i.e. the US tells it) to intervene and reclaim the town.
Turkey's involvement in a nutshell. I doubt they'll be too fussed about I.S. creeping towards their border; their border with Syria is pretty much the arse-end of nowhere, and in I.S. they have a solution to their Kurdish 'problem'.

che_don_john said:
Gabriel said:
Realpolitik is alive and well. Turkey lets IS kill as many Kurdish fighters as possible and sits back until it feels compelled (i.e. the US tells it) to intervene and reclaim the town.
Turkey's involvement in a nutshell. I doubt they'll be too fussed about I.S. creeping towards their border; their border with Syria is pretty much the arse-end of nowhere, and in I.S. they have a solution to their Kurdish 'problem'.

And out of all the foreign interventions the Americans have got involved in, this is the one where they're yet to put troops on the ground.

che_don_john said:
Gabriel said:

I was involved in the operation to enforce a no-fly zone over northern Iraq after the first Gulf War. On one particular occasion I went for a flight on the aircraft I was working on (a VC10 air tanker that was used to refuel our fighters) over Iraq. I was sitting in the 5th seat in the cockpit with a headset when, an hour unto the sortie, the order was received to turn round & return to Incirlik AB. On the return journey, flying at about 15000 feet we were able watch the Turkish Air Force F4 Phantoms flying below us on their mission to bomb Kurds that we were there protecting from the Iraqi's :-/

Cheesy said:
che_don_john said:
Gabriel said:

I was involved in the operation to enforce a no-fly zone over northern Iraq after the first Gulf War. On one particular occasion I went for a flight on the aircraft I was working on (a VC10 air tanker that was used to refuel our fighters) over Iraq. I was sitting in the 5th seat in the cockpit with a headset when, an hour unto the sortie, the order was received to turn round & return to Incirlik AB. On the return journey, flying at about 15000 feet we were able watch the Turkish Air Force F4 Phantoms flying below us on their mission to bomb Kurds that we were there protecting from the Iraqi's :-/
Christ. Though it doesn't surprise me, sadly.

I had three Iraqi friends during my early school years, two of them Kurds. At that age we never really got into talking about their past experiences. I saw them again around 2001, when we were about 16/17 and it was looking like we'd be getting involved in Iraq again. They told me about some of the things they or people they knew had experienced and seen (mostly perpetrated by the Ba'ath, but sometimes by the Turks). Just awful stuff.

We shouldn't forget that the PKK have themselves done some questionable things in Turkey over the years; but with regards to the Kurdish people themselves, they seem to be always getting the shit kicked out of them and few people in this country care about it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.