I still think we will win the league

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes we will win the league, our final home game is the arse we will be top , one point in front of the arse, we will win that game to win the league.
Our final game away at Swansea will be a party, Bony will be the hero , as he scored the winning goal against the arse.
You read it here first.
Ha ha wouldn't that be great.

Agree to a point. There is nothing in our recent form to suggest we will win the league. Our away form in terms of points collected has been very, very poor. Also, our form against the top 10 teams has been pretty poor: 8 points from a mixture of home and aways.

However - once aguero is fit we should start scoring more. We have played much of the season without him and silva, so we can only improve. Also, as you say, despite our poor form we aren't far from the top, and I can't see Arsenal not dropping points - see Southampton.

We no doubt have to improve our form - we have been poor for a while, in my opinion, but the nature of this season means we are still well in it.

It's fairly straight forward mate. We are at the halfway point and we are 3 points off the top. We haven't played anywhere near our best and yet we are still bang in it. So there's literally no reason why we can't win it. Even with our poor away form to date.

I'll say again we don't play the season out in a vacuum. Everyone around us is just as inconsistent. If anything the two big financial rivals are miles off us.

This isn't a dig at you but I'm bored with stating the bleeding obvious. Like you say we are where we are without our three most influential players having been available for most of the season and whilst bedding in new signings all over the pitch. We'll be absolutely right come May.

This is how the fixtures look. Maybe I'm discounting Leicester and Spuds wrongly, but I feel it'll come down to us and Arsenal.

2nuhco4.jpg

Yer but by March in the 13/14 we had 10 players out injure for 4-5 weeks all at the same time,if 5 of those players stayed fit during the run in that campaign we probably would've won the title. If City had Aguero, Silva, Kompany, Fernandinho, Kolorav, De Bryne and Zabaleta all out within the same period, would you guys finish 4th?

We've had Aguero, Silva, Kompany and Zabaleta out in the same period and we're still in the running, that's why I'm optimistic about our chances, when Silva and Aguero are 100% again and Kompany eventually returns I'm very hopeful we'll go on a run, and looking at how often the top teams drop points this season a single good run seems like it can define the rest of the season. But again, we can't really predict how it'll go, all our key players could end up injured again, or many of your players might get struck by that infamous Arsenal injury crisis again, there's no telling what'll happen. Also, Kolarov is nowhere near a key player.

This is how the fixtures look. Maybe I'm discounting Leicester and Spuds wrongly, but I feel it'll come down to us and Arsenal.

2nuhco4.jpg

Our away fixtures really aren't too bad from now on, Liverpool, Chelsea and West Ham are the only notable ones and it's only at Anfield where I'd expect us to drop points since we always lose there. Meanwhile Arsenal still have City, Spurs, United, Liverpool, West Ham, Stoke and Everton, all tough fixtures and several games where they easily could drop points. Pretty encouraging.

Last edited:
We've had Aguero, Silva, Kompany and Zabaleta out in the same period and we're still in the running, that's why I'm optimistic about our chances, when Silva and Aguero are 100% again and Kompany eventually returns I'm very hopeful we'll go on a run, and looking at how often the top teams drop points this season a single good run seems like it can define the rest of the season. But again, we can't really predict how it'll go, all our key players could end up injured again, or many of your players might get struck by that infamous Arsenal injury crisis again, there's no telling what'll happen. Also, Kolarov is nowhere near a key player.

Our away fixtures really aren't too bad from now on, Liverpool, Chelsea and West Ham are the only notable ones and it's only at Anfield where I'd expect us to drop points since we always lose there. Meanwhile Arsenal still have City, Spurs, United, Liverpool, West Ham, Stoke and Everton, all tough fixtures and several games where they easily could drop points. Pretty encouraging.

Having Kompany and co back still wont solve your shortcomings in the central midfield imo and it seems yo guys lack a productive winger in the mold of Robben, Sanchez, Walcott, Hazard (of last season) whom can consistenly beat the opposition fullbacks and capable of scoring 20+ goals a season.

If Kev can score 20 this season and he is on target to do so we should be there or there abouts.

Its a poor premier league this season perhaps as poor as there has ever been and less than 80 points is likely to be enough this season.

While a title is a title and should be celebrated as such if Arsenal win it , it will be down to the fact that the other big sides including them have regressed this season as is evidenced by their poor showing in Europe and early exit to a championship side in the League Cup.

None of the sides normally expected to fight out the premiership have been anything but average so far.

It might change in the second half but I wouldn't be surprised if Arsenal drop more points in the second half of the season than the 18 they have already.

If we improve our away from and stop dropping silly points - and putting ourselves into positions of dropping points only to be bailed out by a bit of brilliance - to sides at home we should be beating then I think we are still favourites.

Arsenal still have got to go away to us and United, Liverpool and Everton, and Spurs. Us on the other hand only have Watford, Liverpool, Southampton and West Ham out of the top 10 left to play away, albeit I would add Chelsea in there as well.

We have had a pretty poor first half of the season but despite losing 5 games we are still only 3 points behind Arsenal in first place.

I think one huge factor will be us trying to get our fear factor back which in my opinion the only way we will get back is by going on a wining run and playing to our potential which we have yet to see bar one or two games this season.

That and getting Aguero back.

Having Kompany and co back still wont solve your shortcomings in the central midfield imo and it seems yo guys lack a productive winger in the mold of Robben, Sanchez, Walcott, Hazard (of last season) whom can consistenly beat the opposition fullbacks and capable of scoring 20+ goals a season.

Name me 5 wingers in the modern game who've scored 20+ goals in the league 2 seasons in a row.

Yer but by March in the 13/14 we had 10 players out injure for 4-5 weeks all at the same time,if 5 of those players stayed fit during the run in that campaign we probably would've won the title. If City had Aguero, Silva, Kompany, Fernandinho, Kolorav, De Bryne and Zabaleta all out within the same period, would you guys finish 4th?
I think you need to check just how many of our players that you mention have been absent for a large proportion of this season, other than Kolarov and KDB all of them have missed fair amount so far. The press have highlighted Arsenals injuries but the facts show we have suffered more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.