I still think we will win the league

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are getting to the stage of the season where teams actively have to chase results which, generally, means abandoning the parked bus approach. That benefits us since very few teams can stand toe to toe with us and win. In my opinion that's why, in recent years we have come into our own in the last eight or nine games of the season and why the team and Pellegrini can only be judged at the end of the season. As Pellers said yesterday, the first goal in these games is all-important and our weakness so far is that we haven't put away our few chances early in some of the games against weaker opposition. Of course more open games can go the other way and lead to the unexpected runs from relegation-threatened teams that happen at the end of every season but, hopefully, not against us because, in an open game we are usually very hard to beat.

I also think that a great deal of the "lethargy" and slowness of build up has been caused because we are simply outnumbered when we attack so we have to wait for reinforcements from midfield which means turning round, passing it back and retaining possession. In short, there is no space to raid quickly into. Frustrating but acceptable if you are taking every chance you get which we haven't been. It will be interesting to see how we go on at West Ham. They're an open, attacking team who believe they can win but I'm hoping it will be the beginning of our charge to the title. Either way, I think we'll win the title.

Depends on if we can gain a bit of consistency now...can't keep dropping silly points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.