I still think we will win the league

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me this stage of the season is about strength in depth. T he teams that depend on high pressing/physicality will need a lot of luck to keep players available for every game. Our squad should see us through IMO, though lady luck needs to be on our side.
The fact we are still involved in four comps will stretch us to the max, but we have to go for all of them, then regroup in summer under Pep :)

I don't think our away form is all that bad. We've dropped points away at Spurs (4th), Arsenal (2nd), Leicester (1st), Stoke (7th) and the rags (5th). Its only really the draw at Villa which stands out as a surprise result.

I accept they are higher up the league but You would think we might have taken more than 3 points out of 18 from those games whatever the position.

I would say 1 win in 7 away is poor away form for a side with our quality whoever we are playing.

It's that and results against the bigger clubs that have been our undoing so far. I think that needs to improve and if it does we have a good chance.

I accept they are higher up the league but You would think we might have taken more than 3 points out of 18 from those games whatever the position.

I would say 1 win in 7 away is poor away form for a side with our quality whoever we are playing.

It's that and results against the bigger clubs that have been our undoing so far. I think that needs to improve and if it does we have a good chance.

It's a fair point but everyone has been dropping points which is why we are currently a point off top.

We've have had fairly easy home games and tricky away games in the first half of the season which I think/hope is making the situation look worse than it is. If we can win the away games against teams lower in the table and start beating the better teams that come to us (not something we've done particularly well so far) then hopefully we can start to put a bit of a run together.

It's a fair point but everyone has been dropping points which is why we are currently a point off top.

We've have had fairly easy home games and tricky away games in the first half of the season which I think/hope is making the situation look worse than it is. If we can win the away games against teams lower in the table and start beating the better teams that come to us (not something we've done particularly well so far) then hopefully we can start to put a bit of a run together.

Let's hope so although these lesser teams we need to play away still include Chelsea and Liverpool, 2 grounds we have a terrible record at.

If we can win all our remaining home games then 3/4 more wins away may be enough. Tough ask though.

Can see us top of the league after next weekends games, a wobble around Easter but then power through as the sun starts to shine and the temperature rises... C'mon City!

Good result for us today, the Arse only getting a point, and still all to play for.

However:

I know there has been a passage of time

I know we played a midfield two with Yaya

I know they had different players deployed against scum today

But, how the fook did the shite ordinary candlepool beat us 4-1 at the Etihad!?

Dunno, our record in big games this season is abysmal and we've got a few coming up. Next 5 fixtures west ham away, sunderland away, Leicester at home, spurs at home, newcastle away. I can only see 8 or 9 points out of that realistically, the way we are playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.