I still think we will win the league

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have 8 games to play away from home they are against the teams currently 7th, 8th, 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th, 18th and 19th in the table.

We have 6 of the 7 bottom teams to play away from home, should be a cake-walk but not for this team I fear, one win in the last 8 away games testifies to that.

This season has been a huge disappointment with the team under performing in all but a handful of games, and away from home we have been shocking with the Villa match the shining example.

were they telling us anything we don't already know? it gets highlighted by 'experts' before every fuckin game,then they did that daft table about points against the top 10 teams,if the fixtures had fell different that table would have looked different,its not been great but they chat utter shit & state the obvious but people repeat everything they say as if its gospel

They are saying things we already know and are blindingly making the exact same mistakes.

You're making it out that we are certain to beat the likes of Spurs, Stoke, Leicester and Arsenal at home. In fact, I'd say that all of them sides are better suited as the away side as they can sit and counter us. We made the mistake of turing up on their patch and trying to play like the home side and we got punished for it.

We are over half way into the season and we have not won one game against a top 9 side. That is simply not good enough which ever way you want to dress it up.

They are saying things we already know and are blindingly making the exact same mistakes.

You're making it out that we are certain to beat the likes of Spurs, Stoke, Leicester and Arsenal at home. In fact, I'd say that all of them sides are better suited as the away side as they can sit and counter us. We made the mistake of turing up on their patch and trying to play like the home side and we got punished for it.

We are over half way into the season and we have not won one game against a top 9 side. That is simply not good enough which ever way you want to dress it up.
i'm not making out we are certain to beat any of them teams pal...i'm saying these 'experts' chat fuckin shit...me or you could come out with what they do...that 'table' was just lazy bullshit what you would expect from them...i agree with most of your points btw.....

We have 8 games to play away from home they are against the teams currently 7th, 8th, 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th, 18th and 19th in the table.

We have 6 of the 7 bottom teams to play away from home, should be a cake-walk but not for this team I fear, one win in the last 8 away games testifies to that.

This season has been a huge disappointment with the team under performing in all but a handful of games, and away from home we have been shocking with the Villa match the shining example.

Liverpool and Chelsea will give us a game regardless of their form. Southampton might be on the beach when we play them. The rest are fighting for their lives, might not have the quality of WHU but unless we score early those games will be dogfights.

Looked at in isolation, dropping points yesterday wasn't a bad result because WHU played really well. But we do need to be picking up wins on our travels.

i'm not making out we are certain to beat any of them teams pal...i'm saying these 'experts' chat fuckin shit...me or you could come out with what they do...that 'table' was just lazy bullshit what you would expect from them...i agree with most of your points btw.....

I'm not saying I agree with everything that the pundits say. There have been many times where I think they exaggerate our problems and take the easy option to slate our players. The way Mangala gets ridiculed at times is scandalous at times.

However, when they spend the best part of 20 mins highlighting how poor Yaya is defensively and how weak our defence is without Vinny and then we concede the goals we did it is laughable.

I think the next 3 PL games will be a very good indicator of how our season will progress. The Leicester and Spurs home games are vital must win games IMO.

I'm not saying I agree with everything that the pundits say. There have been many times where I think they exaggerate our problems and take the easy option to slate our players. The way Mangala gets ridiculed at times is scandalous at times.

However, when they spend the best part of 20 mins highlighting how poor Yaya is defensively and how weak our defence is without Vinny and then we concede the goals we did it is laughable.

I think the next 3 PL games will be a very good indicator of how our season will progress. The Leicester and Spurs home games are vital must win games IMO.

The next three games will tell us where we are. All our home games are must wins for me. I think we can only lose 9 more points maximum this season. That means winning 10/11 of the last 15 and maybe only one more loss. This run many think we are going to go on has to start now, not next month or in March. Now. If it doesn't we will get left behind because someone else will go on one.

People are under estimating how difficult our fixtures have been so far this season. I am very confident we will get 80 plus points still.

You have to concede that City display an admirable ability to retrieve something from a game having fallen behind like at Watford and West Ham, though that may owe more to the individual brilliance of Aguero.

However, you can't keep on conceding the initiative in the expectation of yet still having enough to recover it.

For me, the narrative for City as we ponder the last 15 games of the season, is the defensive frailty of City sans Kompany and the super reliance on Aguero.

Getting Kompany back and keeping Aguero fit will for me determine whether the title will wing its way to the Etihad.

The next three games will tell us where we are. All our home games are must wins for me. I think we can only lose 9 more points maximum this season. That means winning 10/11 of the last 15 and maybe only one more loss. This run many think we are going to go on has to start now, not next month or in March. Now. If it doesn't we will get left behind because someone else will go on one.

That's a vaild point and the downside to playing your direct rivals at home in the position we are in. A point for Spurs, Leicester or Arsenal at the Etihad will be a good result for them. Whereas anything less than a win will not do for us.

I reckon that Kelechi and Sterling have crucial roles to play between now and the end of the season. Their enthusiasm, movement and work rate can be the difference in these big games.

About time we recognise that Leicester may be the best team in the league and so more deserving than others by winning it
If we can't win it then I would love Leicester to do it, and the way they have performed this season there is no reason they can't go all the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.