i think i'm turning

de niro said:
i am begining to want the cup regardless of where we finish in the prem. i know about the fair play and all that but thinking about it i'm bobbing on a bit and its an awful long time since i saw a cup win.

silverware over progress? tough call but i just fancy that cup all of a sudden.

I've said this from the start off the season! win a cup priority is number 1 in my book! Once that u get that first cup every thing else will fall into place!

I would say both...lads are now in a different mentality then few weeks ago,after europa league loss that's for sure. I would say both is a done deal 90%,just because of the fact that that semi final game was something the club needed to lift the spirits, quality is undeniable. So in this scenario both, if we lost in semis.....none....but that's just my opinion

Fuckin he'll De Niro, you have gone from "fuck the fa cup", to this in 4 days !!! That's gotta be up there with the guy who said he was never watching city whilst tevez was still there, he lasted an hour I think. ;)

I had you down as a man of substance not easily distracted by the sparkle of mere trinkets mate. Just remember what happened to Portsmouth.

The cup would be nice but now is not the time to take our eye off the ball. With a bit of luck we will have guaranteed 4th before the final. That will be the time to get giddy about it.

I suppose it's down to ones interpretation of progress .....

to win a top four place we'd have to have shown more consistency than we'd have shown last season , so that's definite progress ..... as would be a possible place amongst Europes elite in it's prime club competition.

an FA Cup win is only over half a dozen games , and might possibly only require good fortune , and favourable draws ..... Portsmouth have hardly 'progressed' since they won it recently , yet merely by winning it they had added to their achievements and history.

de niro said:
i am begining to want the cup regardless of where we finish in the prem. i know about the fair play and all that but thinking about it i'm bobbing on a bit and its an awful long time since i saw a cup win.

silverware over progress? tough call but i just fancy that cup all of a sudden.
with you on that one blue

I must confess all my previous notions of 'get fourth and success will follow anyway' which entirely stemmed from logic have gone out of the window when faced with the reality of being in an FA Cup Final.

I know in reality we shouldn't have to choose but if I did I would compare it to winning a few grand and deciding whether to blow it on a trip to Vegas or put it into a sure fire investment where you'll double your money in three years.

Fuck it I want to go to Vegas!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.