i think i'm turning

The way I see it is that top 4 is the main target, with the FA Cup being a bonus. I think we'll get both though. Like others have said though, if we get into the Champions League then it is likely that the trophies will follow anyway so that must be our priority.

now we are there we have to win it..if we lose the final do you honestly think those players will go to bolton thinking they can win...they would be on such a downer

Gelsons Dad said:
Only if we qualify for the CL.

It's not a case of one or the other. It's a case of priority and the first is CL qualification. A cup win on top would be great as it would get a big monkey off our backs. But if we fail to qualify for the CL we will have failed to progress as a team and will be one year closer to the FFPR without the added TV revenue.

yeah sorry ment to say that, goes without saying that no champs league would be a major disaster.

The FA Cup over 4th is fine by me for this year as that brings on (in all likelihood) a nice little FA Charity Shield against United.

But that said I am sure we will get 4th as well.

Oh happy days, ooooooohhhhhhhhhhh happy dayayayyyys

I'm 43, started going to games in 1976, just AFTER we beat Newcastle - I just want to see us win something.
Daft thing is I gave my ST up last season after so many years (no money) so I'll be watching all the build up and the game on the box - I just want to see us win.

Danamy said:
Top 4 is a must on so many differant levels...................

Trophies will come if we achieve the above but vice versa the project will take a huge knock.
Best tell that down the Arsenal for the last 6 seasons of champs league trophy cabinets rammed.

rushts said:
FA cup, Open top bus, drop trophy, run over it , and finish top 4, its not too much to ask is it?
The guy who drops our first cup will be:

jo_city.jpg

Or, probably this guy:

Garry-Cook-001.jpg

hgblue said:
RACHACE said:
How any blue could prefer us to finish in the sky sports top four over winning a trophey is beyond me.

How it is also not seen as progress is laughable.

The novelty of the CL will soon wear off, an FA cup win will last a lifetime.

How any blue could prefer a trophy over the long term best interests of the club is beyond me. And progress is measured by League position. Portsmouth won the FA Cup a few years ago and look where they are now. Birmingham won the Carling Cup this season, so what? In terms of this club getting to where we want to be which is winning trophies regularly and competing for the big ones (Premiership and Champions League) top 4 is a must.

I don't see how an Fa Cup win is not in the clubs best interests, short or long term.

The few Spurs fans I know have said that they would prefer to be in our position (to actually win something). It was great being involved in the whirlwind of the CL, but ultimatley they were never realistic challengers for the CL and went out in the q/f stage. They have also said it was nice playing at the San Siro & Bernabau but everything considered (results, cost etc) doing that every season will become a bit boring, never mind expensive.

Now if we are competing for the CL trophey it will not be boring, but playing against the same teams season in season out, paying through the nose for tickets and beer in some of the most expensive cities in europe will lose its appeal soon enough (imo of course).

Personally I will always value winning the FA Cup more than winning/qualifying for the Champions League, and this 1st trophey in 35 years is far more significant than qualifying for that over hyped and over priced joke of a competition.

I am not arsed about global brands, elite club status, fans in china, africa and australia. Im arsed about winning a few pots, having memories that will last me and my family a lifetime and most of all staying blue and not turning into them lot in Trafford with comments such as "Birmingham won the Carling Cup, so what" or "The Fa Cup is a mickey mouse cup"

4th spot leading us to the promised land is sky armchair bullshit.

Spurs have had a fantastic run this year but it hasn't transformed them. Ditto Leeds/Newcastle a few years ago.

All CL brings is added revenue which we of all clubs don't need.

"Top players won't sign blah blah blah". Dzeko was the most sought after striker in Europe and he signed.

"Financial fairplay blah blah blah". How much has Spurs' turnover increased this year due to CL revenue ? At an outlandish high I'd suggest £40 mill - the price of one major signing. FFP is used as a scaremongering device by the press. UEFA's bigwigs met with our owners years ago to discuss this, does anybody really expect the Sheikh to write off half a billion quid if we fall foul of some amateurish scheme dreamt up by ex footballers which hasn't and won't be ratified by Brussels as it contravenes free trade laws.

Yes I'd love to be in the CL but 40 years from now NOBODY on this forum will be reminiscing about finishing 4th whereas if we win the cup it's a different story.

Santiago Street . said:
4th spot leading us to the promised land is sky armchair bullshit.

Spurs have had a fantastic run this year but it hasn't transformed them. Ditto Leeds/Newcastle a few years ago.

All CL brings is added revenue which we of all clubs don't need.

"Top players won't sign blah blah blah". Dzeko was the most sought after striker in Europe and he signed.

"Financial fairplay blah blah blah". How much has Spurs' turnover increased this year due to CL revenue ? At an outlandish high I'd suggest £40 mill - the price of one major signing. FFP is used as a scaremongering device by the press. UEFA's bigwigs met with our owners years ago to discuss this, does anybody really expect the Sheikh to write off half a billion quid if we fall foul of some amateurish scheme dreamt up by ex footballers which hasn't and won't be ratified by Brussels as it contravenes free trade laws.

Yes I'd love to be in the CL but 40 years from now NOBODY on this forum will be reminiscing about finishing 4th whereas if we win the cup it's a different story.
You couldn't be more wrong even if you tried.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.