i think i'm turning

RACHACE said:
How any blue could prefer us to finish in the sky sports top four over winning a trophey is beyond me.

How it is also not seen as progress is laughable.

The novelty of the CL will soon wear off, an FA cup win will last a lifetime.

How any blue could prefer a trophy over the long term best interests of the club is beyond me. And progress is measured by League position. Portsmouth won the FA Cup a few years ago and look where they are now. Birmingham won the Carling Cup this season, so what? In terms of this club getting to where we want to be which is winning trophies regularly and competing for the big ones (Premiership and Champions League) top 4 is a must.

dont talk crap winning the fa cup is progress, it wont stop us finishing fourth..we just have to win our games, if you think the sheik is saying we dont want this cup you must be mad..you watch he ll be at wembley

black mamba said:
Portsmouth have hardly 'progressed' since they won it recently

in fairness mamba i think us and portsmouth are in completely different situations, they wasn't really sniffing around at the business end of the table and looking at getting champs league etc.

i think a cup win could work greatly for us, it will take the pressure off the lads and let them be able to relax going into next season.

Top 4 is a must on so many differant levels...................

Trophies will come if we achieve the above but vice versa the project will take a huge knock.

i agree that to win the cup is progress of sorts but anyone can win a cup portsmouth being a case in point.to mount a title challenge and bid for the top 4 every year is real progress though.
if as some say we will have nailed 4th by the final then i'll be jumping with joy as both would be very much on.
i keep thinking back to that final whistle last week and the elation i felt.

more please:)

We fans want a trophy but the club needs top 4. The FA Cup is a short term aim; it won't make much difference to our global profile and we could go out in the 3rd round next season.

A regular top 4 finish is a long term requirement that will lead to a step change in our fortunes.

Nlo reason why we shouldn't have both though.

bammy blue said:
black mamba said:

in fairness mamba i think us and portsmouth are in completely different situations, they wasn't really sniffing around at the business end of the table and looking at getting champs league etc.

i think a cup win could work greatly for us, it will take the pressure off the lads and let them be able to relax going into next season.
Not if we don't finish in the top 4 it won't.

bammy blue said:
black mamba said:

Only if we qualify for the CL.

It's not a case of one or the other. It's a case of priority and the first is CL qualification. A cup win on top would be great as it would get a big monkey off our backs. But if we fail to qualify for the CL we will have failed to progress as a team and will be one year closer to the FFPR without the added TV revenue.

Gelsons Dad said:
bammy blue said:

Only if we qualify for the CL.

It's not a case of one or the other. It's a case of priority and the first is CL qualification. A cup win on top would be great as it would get a big monkey off our backs. But if we fail to qualify for the CL we will have failed to progress as a team and will be one year closer to the FFPR without the added TV revenue.
Indeed.

No top 4 > harder to meet FFPR.
Don't meet FFPR > Banned from CL football.
No CL football > Can't dominate the world as a brand.
And if we can't dominate, what does the Sheik get out of it? Nothing. He's got no reason to stick around.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.