i think i'm turning

Gelsons Dad said:
Santiago Street . said:
I disagree Ragnarok

Legally unenforcable and I'm sure the finest accountants/lawyers money can buy will easily circumnavigate this nonsense.

Nonsense I'm afraid.

Does FFP also take into account the different taxation systems in different countries?

In England, the players can pay up to 50%, while in Spain it's something like 20%... straight away the Spanish clubs are getting a huge unfair advantage over the English clubs.

Real and Barca have their own TV contracts... in England we share it. Is that fair?

FFPR can ONLY work if all factors are taken into consideration. Otherwise the Spanish will dominate for the foreseeable future. Is that fair?

It's nowhere near as cut and dried as some people think it is...

Soulboy said:
Gelsons Dad said:
Nonsense I'm afraid.

Does FFP also take into account the different taxation systems in different countries?

In England, the players can pay up to 50%, while in Spain it's something like 20%... straight away the Spanish clubs are getting a huge unfair advantage over the English clubs.

Real and Barca have their own TV contracts... in England we share it. Is that fair?

FFPR can ONLY work if all factors are taken into consideration. Otherwise the Spanish will dominate for the foreseeable future. Is that fair?

There are many, many similar inequalities in the FFPR such as this.

The Spanish government is however under growing and voluble pressure to change things as how can multi-millionaire footballers be excluded from the austerity measures?

Soulboy said:
Gelsons Dad said:
Nonsense I'm afraid.

i tend to agree with you here, there's far from a level playing field so how on earth can they trumpet this as fair?

i can see a situation where are players are paid through Abu Dhabi, becoming UK tax exiles
perhaps training out of the country and returning for match days so they don't do more than 90 days
the funding would then be very well hidden

Head - Champions League has to happen for us to progress as a club and to meet financial rules.

Heart - Ive loved the FA Cup since I was 7 years old and dreamed of seeing us lift it, Itd be the greatest day of my life if we pulled it off.

Impossible for me to pick one. Just need to be professional and give 100% in every game, no saving players for the cup final.

Be amazing if we get 4th and win a cup, really hope we dont blow it.

The club need CL this year, like others desperate to see us win something, I just want us to get both and I am being greedy I know but FFS there are only 7 games to go and between Spuds game and Stoke final there is surely enough time for the stars to recover even if it means that we have to change things for the stoke game following wembley. Would it ask too much for Bert to keep the side that demolished rags last week together for the last seven games?

Might join you, done the kids and wife thing, done the 3 in a bed (2 girlies!!) and the mile high club thing, done some things I can't mention. Now 48, if we win the cup I can drop dead a happy man..............

I dreamt we won the final 4-1 last night. We went 1-0 up, but Stoke scored just before the final whistle, and went on to score the other 3 in extra time. Oh, and Yaya scored a hattrick.

Fuck City...why do you do this to me? Its like looking over your wifes shoulder at that wee minx that will dump you after she's had her way with you...

Bluemoon115 said:
Santiago Street . said:
4th spot leading us to the promised land is sky armchair bullshit.

Spurs have had a fantastic run this year but it hasn't transformed them. Ditto Leeds/Newcastle a few years ago.

All CL brings is added revenue which we of all clubs don't need.

"Top players won't sign blah blah blah". Dzeko was the most sought after striker in Europe and he signed.

"Financial fairplay blah blah blah". How much has Spurs' turnover increased this year due to CL revenue ? At an outlandish high I'd suggest £40 mill - the price of one major signing. FFP is used as a scaremongering device by the press. UEFA's bigwigs met with our owners years ago to discuss this, does anybody really expect the Sheikh to write off half a billion quid if we fall foul of some amateurish scheme dreamt up by ex footballers which hasn't and won't be ratified by Brussels as it contravenes free trade laws.

Yes I'd love to be in the CL but 40 years from now NOBODY on this forum will be reminiscing about finishing 4th whereas if we win the cup it's a different story.
You couldn't be more wrong even if you tried.

Absolutely he couldn't ......

club generated income is the name of the game here for the forseeable future , and that means not only qualifying reguarly for the Champions League , but making sure we go as far as we possibly can in it ........

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.