i think i'm turning

wayneg1983 said:
Cant believe this is even being debated, Champs league football will be great for the club for obvious reasons and winning the cup will be amazing to the point i cant even imagine ( i still get a rush of excitement whenever i think of last weekend and that was only a semi). But why cant we have both? does anyone honestly think bobby and the players are sat there now weighing up which one we should go for??? i hope not!! im hoping there sat there now fired up and ready to grab both by the horns and drag them both back to sunny eastlands :) CTID!!!!! Cant believe were in the final of the FA Cup. COME ON CITY!!!!

you are right of course but sometimes the romance of the cup and the long long wait for silverware gets the better of you.

Why do people seem to think there is a trade off here? We are 2 games away from achieving both. Our entire season boils down to that 4 day period where we play Spurs and The FA Cup final. Win them and both targets are achieved. There's no trade off. Mancini was asked the same stupid question the other day. His answer was "both".

de niro said:
wayneg1983 said:
Cant believe this is even being debated, Champs league football will be great for the club for obvious reasons and winning the cup will be amazing to the point i cant even imagine ( i still get a rush of excitement whenever i think of last weekend and that was only a semi). But why cant we have both? does anyone honestly think bobby and the players are sat there now weighing up which one we should go for??? i hope not!! im hoping there sat there now fired up and ready to grab both by the horns and drag them both back to sunny eastlands :) CTID!!!!! Cant believe were in the final of the FA Cup. COME ON CITY!!!!

you are right of course but sometimes the romance of the cup and the long long wait for silverware gets the better of you.
not for me dn

the romance of beating those scum bastards so they don't get the treble and us getting the champions league spot will do for now

(one of the best moments ever was at Wembley in 99 when we all sang
"you can stick your fucking treble up your arse (sideways)" and we all meant it with a passion)

Tricky_Trev said:
Why do people seem to think there is a trade off here? We are 2 games away from achieving both. Our entire season boils down to that 4 day period where we play Spurs and The FA Cup final. Win them and both targets are achieved. There's no trade off. Mancini was asked the same stupid question the other day. His answer was "both".

This

Tricky_Trev said:

its not really a question of which the club would prefer, we all know they want both. i was making the point that the chance of silverware has really got to me, i was a stone cold a 4th place finish is everything sort of a fan, shouting from the rooftops that the cup is a distraction almost, well now i am with the guys that say "sod it, lets win something and rip that banner down".
i think it comes from the realisation that we really really hurt them last week and i know if we win the cup it will hurt them again and also they will have another thing less they can gloat over.

we are in manchester, we win things, we dont milk tragedies.

we are manchester city.

Tricky_Trev said:

I thought we were being asked a hypothetical question, which would you prefer if you had to choose? Given that choice it's top 4 for me, but of course I would like both.

Give me the cup win anyday, nice piece of silverware at long last.

It would kill me if we lost the cup final but finished fourth, only to go out in the qualifying round of the CL.

Hmmm, i know where you are coming from. Top 4 becomes a distraction, look at spuds. Out of everything and nothing to show. But i believe in our squad i believe we can win the FA cup and also finish in the top 4.

We are MAN CITY and you'll do as your told!

I want success, in whatever form it comes.

Winning the FA Cup is success, obviously I desperately want 4th as well but it wouldn't be the end of the world if we didn't and got the cup.

We desperately need something to show for this season. Another season gone and having achieved nothing with loads more money spent, we would get absolutely crucified by the media like never before and it could have a negative effect on the club.

Winning the FA Cup is progress. Not winning it and finishing 5th means we have stood still and are no further along than we were 12 months ago. The media would love it but we can't afford to let it happen!

We need something out of this season, whatever it is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.