I Wanna Be A Door...

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
In fairness,Brown is probably the fourth best singer in The Stone Roses.
Could someone please post a review of the drugs available,as that would be far more interesting than the gig itself?

You could smell weed everywhere and a I remember 40 odd year old bloke passing round a bottle of poppers at the front haha. There were many messed up people passed out all around and tbh they werent big on searching people on the way in, we qued for about 5 mins? didnt get to the que until about half 2 either.

newtonheathdave said:
Good music is timeless so thats why kids want to go.

Its the samne reason I spend hours going through crates of vinyl looking for brekbeat piano hardcore tunes from 1992. i was to young to go clubbing thern but I still listened to Stu Allan on key 103 plus 808 state and mix factory on Sunset.

If you like the music, why on earth would you not go? the band gets older but the music stays the same :-)

Bang on.

E.g. I wasn't alive when the Beatles were at the top but that doesn't mean I don't have a right to like them.

A few people on here need to grow a pair. Not going to a gig because there are going to be people there that you don't like, or there are going to be people younger than you, or because YOU liked the Roses more than these people who are going? Fuck me.

DANNY O'B said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
In fairness,Brown is probably the fourth best singer in The Stone Roses.
Could someone please post a review of the drugs available,as that would be far more interesting than the gig itself?

You could smell weed everywhere and a I remember 40 odd year old bloke passing round a bottle of poppers at the front haha. There were many messed up people passed out all around and tbh they werent big on searching people on the way in, we qued for about 5 mins? didnt get to the que until about half 2 either.

everyone was selling poppers at £5 a bottle outside the park...as for other stuff....take it with you as no one shares ;p

i listened to them as a kid..... elizabeth my dear was my favourite lil track at the time.i know nothing of the scene, only from an outside looking in kind of a way.

got to see them in `95. just like the kings of leon came out banged out the songs perfectly and left with no crowd interaction. brilliant!

i was just glad to see them live....they broke up very soon after.

Can't believe the negativity surrounding the Roses. That was quality last night, pure and simple masterclass from Reni, Squire and Mani, I thought Ian Brown sounded ok as well considering his many critics saying he's out if his depth. If you going tonight or tomorrow you will be in for a treat. Getting served a beer was a nightmare though and I recommend getting tanked up before you get in there. We managed to get served after an hour wait and ended up getting a 24 pack of fosters between 3 of us. £96 and it's only the small bottles.

If your around the Victoria station area, I strongly recommend you walk and get lucky flagging a taxi on the way down. Trams and the buses were chaos around there yesterday. We stopped at an off licence in Cheetham Hill and flagged a taxi straight away, we was there in ten minutes. This was after waiting an hour around Victoria and getting nowwhere

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.