I want it all, and i want it now!

Didsbury Dave said:
I don't want it all but I want a team who look like a team, who are showing improvement and playing to something like their potential.

In terms of ability and squad depth we are as good as anyone.

5th or 6th was never good enough for me.

Top 4 minimum with the investment.

It's look increasingly unlikely at the moment. If we reach the point where it is obvious that Hughes cannot get the best from the squad, then he goes if a replacement is available. That point is getting closer by the week.

It could be as soon as next week.[/quote]

Sounds like you've reached your tipping point aleady there Dave cos sounds like the recent disappointments have taken their toll!?

Is the 'next week' comment irrespective of the result on Wednesday? My view is that if we're in the semis then no doubt Hughes will stay (and the reassurance he/the team gets will benefit our league form) but if we're out then we must get results in the league. And quickly.

All i want is decent performances week in week out....is that too much to ask ?

If we carry on the way we are then no-one in their right mind would want to join us over one of the other big clubs (unless for money).

How can we continue to sell the vision when performances are to the contrary ? Apart from money, what reason would a player have to join us over say Spurs or Villa ?

These are the ramifications of another poor season....

Why do people insist that people only criticise our performances, players, or manager because they want it all, and want it now?

While I'm sure we all want it all, I've seen very little expectation that we should have it all now.

MSSBLUETRILLIONS said:
A lot depends on the next 2-3 league games. I'm confident we will overcome Arsenal in the cup.

League Status:
If we win 2 & draw 1 all of a sudden it's 10-11 games undefeated. If we draw 2 or loose 1 or whatever sequence without winning all of a sudden it's 10-11 games without a win.

For me it's what happens in the next 3 games that will define the season and the perception amongst others of Hughes.

I agree, this is what will be in the papers, and this will change other teams opinions of us. A lot of peolpe will read these reviews and suddenly forget whats happened previously. The form book if you will.

moomba said:
Why do people insist that people only criticise our performances, players, or manager because they want it all, and want it now?

Due too the fact that we are still in a good position, and were not even halfway through the season. Yet certain people on this website believe us to be in a terrible situation.

I don't want it all.

I don't expect it all (but that's a whole other thread for another day)

I'd just like us to win every now and then. Not every week, not every single game, I'd just like a win now and again to remind me why I bother.

Failing a win every now and then I'd settle for reasonably entertaining football.

I don't think my demands are unreasonable yet I'm left disappointed on a weekly basis.

If this is my own fault then I apologise but with unlimited funds and some real class players in the squad is it really too much to ask to see some good football and a win every now and then?

Clubber said:
MSSBLUETRILLIONS said:
A lot depends on the next 2-3 league games. I'm confident we will overcome Arsenal in the cup.

League Status:
If we win 2 & draw 1 all of a sudden it's 10-11 games undefeated. If we draw 2 or loose 1 or whatever sequence without winning all of a sudden it's 10-11 games without a win.

For me it's what happens in the next 3 games that will define the season and the perception amongst others of Hughes.

I agree, this is what will be in the papers, and this will change other teams opinions of us. A lot of peolpe will read these reviews and suddenly forget whats happened previously. The form book if you will.

moomba said:

Due too the fact that we are still in a good position, and were not even halfway through the season. Yet certain people on this website believe us to be in a terrible situation.

We are in a good position....for now. If performances carry on the way they are then it wont be for much longer. If we lose to Chelsea at weekend then we'll be dropping below the likes of Sunderland.

I think it might have something to do with the fact that on paper our team frightens the living daylights out of eveyone in reality at the moment its a different matter!!

If we reversed our results feelings might be abit different, i.e. drawing seven then winning and keeping clean sheets!!

Fact is like I said at the beginning of the season and which is being borne out now this is the best chance anyone is going to have to break the traditional top four!!

Just hope we regain some form and its us and not Spurs!!!

AlexC83 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I don't want it all but I want a team who look like a team, who are showing improvement and playing to something like their potential.

In terms of ability and squad depth we are as good as anyone.

5th or 6th was never good enough for me.

Top 4 minimum with the investment.

It's look increasingly unlikely at the moment. If we reach the point where it is obvious that Hughes cannot get the best from the squad, then he goes if a replacement is available. That point is getting closer by the week.

It could be as soon as next week.[/quote]

Sounds like you've reached your tipping point aleady there Dave cos sounds like the recent disappointments have taken their toll!?

Is the 'next week' comment irrespective of the result on Wednesday? My view is that if we're in the semis then no doubt Hughes will stay (and the reassurance he/the team gets will benefit our league form) but if we're out then we must get results in the league. And quickly.

Getting close to tipping point, Alex.

4-4-2 and a defeat on Wednesday and that'll be it for me I think.

its not a case of wanting it now. If we lose on wednesday imo our season will be over. By the time we play spurs we could be 10 points behind them (irony being Redknapp has been there less than Hughes at city).

People are pissed off because of this not because they want to win the league this season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.