I want it all, and i want it now!

Clubber said:
Too quote freddie mecury.

Why have we suddenly become a team, which requires us to win everything now? At the begining of the season, i said i would be happy if we finished 6th and really happy with 5th.

Yet as we have recently had a bit of a drop (And there is no hiding, it we have had a bit of a drop in form), it feels like were near the relegation zone.

I believe Hughes will come good, given the time. And i also think the owners are doing the right thing by sticking with him, for a few reasons.

1)Hughes has come in and totally changed the club, so why bring someone in who would take a good months too come too terms with his systems.

2)Any new manager has an instant excuse, that these are not his players, for when/if he has a similar run of results as present.

3)Loyalty of the owners also looks good to any other managers who they may want too bring in, in the future. Who wants too work for tyrants, who give you a couple of months too be top of the prem.

I am a Hughes inner (Even though he is making it hard for me at the moment too stand up for him), but when we get a win, i think the players may get a bit of confidence back. Play 433 like the beginning of the season, and we should all see the team we know we can be.

We will beat chelsea 2-1, Lescott opener. Monster, monster, monster!

It's not a case of winning everything, that is never going to happen! What can be expected though is for the players/management team to perform to the best of their abilities at all times. I dont think that is too much to ask?

Challenger1978 said:
Clubber said:
2)Any new manager has an instant excuse, that these are not his players, for when/if he has a similar run of results as present.

In my entire life (30 years) i have never heard that excuse except when it comes to people defending Mark Hughes, and it make smy blood boil everytime some tit comes out with it.

Scolari used it. Hughes used it last year, refering to the likes of Elano. Dave Whelan used it this weekend (I know he is a chairman) complaining about Bruce's signings, yet they seemed to do ok last season.

Just because you haven't heard it in your vast duration of 30 years on this planet, doesn't mean it is false.

Tit.

It's a stupid argument to make.

Basically saying that you are incapable of coaching.

Didsbury Dave said:

Getting close to tipping point, Alex.

4-4-2 and a defeat on Wednesday and that'll be it for me I think.

4-4-2 and a defeat on Wednesday and that'll be it for me I think.
=============
Didn't have you down as a drama queen P......
That'll be it? you serious? We've had a lot worse than this over the years mate..... and we're still here.

MAte, I don't mean that'll be it for me!

I mean that'll will be the end of my belief in Mark Hughes.

I just want to watch us attempt to play football.

On Saturday i actually saw Lescott, under no pressure, play a diagonal long ball in the air for Shauny to challenge for. He got nowhere near it.

Every now and then a thread like this pops-ups and it's usually aimed at the younger blues. Then somebody chimes in with the notion that it's a generation thing, and then somebody uses a cliche about kids of today having no patience, or something of the sort.

The reality is, we've spent a vast amount of money on players who look to be pretty average. Not bad, just decent, proven Premiership players. Lescott at £22m is a joke, Tevez at £25m is a joke, Bridge at £12m is a joke, Toure at £14m is a joke, RSC at £17m is a joke, I'm not saying they are bad players, because they are from it. The point i'm getting at is this, despite spending all that money, we don't look any better than we did before the takeover. Before the takeover, we lost to Villa 4-2, beat West Ham 3-0 and beat Sunderland 3-0 away from home. The individual errors that allowed us to concede 3 goals in the space of around 10 mins against Villa are still evident...only our defenders are taking it in turns to cock it up. I agree that Hughes can't be responsible for individual errors, but when these errors have been consistently happening over the period of almost 18 months, then i'm afraid management needs looking at.

There is no evidence that we are been coached to play in a positive way. I've not watched us once this season and thought 'ah unlucky, but i can see what we're trying to do'. In fact, everytime we've won (in the league) i've thought 'they could have nicked a draw'. Nobody seems to know where they are playing. Is Adebayor a winger or a forward? is Tevez a forward or a (insert position here)? Is SWP a central midfielder or a winger? Is Bellamy a winger or a forward? Interchanging is great if it's effective. It's fluid and it surprises the opposition. But when the team has no cohesion, it just becomes confusing. Furthermore we look clueless without the ball.

After 18 months in charge i'm not sure what Hughes' footballing philosophy is. I'm not even sure he has one. All i've seen this season is a team matching up with the opposition, like for like, on the presumption that we'll win because we have better players....or we think we have better players because we've spent loads more money.

What's telling is, for every thread like this, there are probably 3 or 4 counter threads/arguments. The majority on here seem to want him gone. For those that don't, other than the fact that you don't like a manager merry-go-round, what reason can you think of to keep him in? I had a list of about 5 or 6 at the start of the season. The only reason i have now is the often repeated cliche of 'you don't win anything by changing your manager every 5 minutes' Sadly that reasoning would apply even if Chief Wiggum was in charge.

Clubber said:
Challenger1978 said:
In my entire life (30 years) i have never heard that excuse except when it comes to people defending Mark Hughes, and it make smy blood boil everytime some tit comes out with it.

Scolari used it. Hughes used it last year, refering to the likes of Elano. Dave Whelan used it this weekend (I know he is a chairman) complaining about Bruce's signings, yet they seemed to do ok last season.

Just because you haven't heard it in your vast duration of 30 years on this planet, doesn't mean it is false.

Tit.

It's a bullshit excuse and any manger that uses it should lose there job and never be allowed to manager another team ever again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.