I was called a gloryhunter today!!!

Yeah I got it yesterday too, wearing my fantastic new kit.

I'm just going to keep my old Citycards and photos of me at games on me at all times.

alanjames24 said:
[quote="quote]

Do what I've done, it was hinted by someone that I only became a fan since takeover so I've taken a picture of the City tops I've had that I can find on my phone, fortunately two even have my surnames on it when I was a kid, so they can't say it was an ebay job, and ask them if I were a "glory hunter" (strange term before any glory) why would I have all these tops since I was a kid and with my surname on two, did I have inside knowledge years and years and years in advance. Normally shuts them up. Also, since I signed up here before takeover, I bring them here on the internet on my phone, show them the date I joined and ask them if I have power over time too.

Very basic easy to do things can shut them up.

The only old photo I have of me in a city shirt is when I'm holding the division one trophy from the Maine Rd open day thing from a few years back, so technically I suppose I AM a glory hunter, LOL.[/quote][/quote][/quote]

It is so ridiculous but I always feel compelled to point out to anyone that is willing to listen that I've been going to City for 30 distinctly inglorious years.

Upset at Glory Hunter!! I understand your context but... I would take it as a compliment being a City fan called that.

I have been a Glory Hunter for thirty years, was alive when we last won but was too young - don't remember.

I am drunk but....

It is fantastic being called a 'Glory Hunter' .....too used to failure and I enjoyed failure but Fuck That - I want a trophy. Carling Cup - Fuck it, I want it.

Glory Hunter - Fuck Yes

Live in the midlands and my 11yr old son was at a football tournament in his city shirt,he was asked if hed just started supporting them(hes worn city shirts all his life) Told him to put a photo on his mobile of him as a baby in his kappa kit and tell em to piss off

when asked this ,just say" why have we won something"......they will think about it for a minute and say ........fuck all ....because they cant bring themselves to say city will win anything ...end of conversation

As a Northern Irish Southampton fan I can only dream of being called a gloryhunter. Try visiting Ulster and admitting youre a saints fan to a bunch of reds. Its no f'ing joke.

I'm glad a real team has a chance to have a bit of fun for a few years. You should run down the street shouting "I'm a hunting for glory" every day you jammy cnut's.

Good luck. and I look forward to meeting the city all stars in the third round.

p.s. the majority of fans are happy for you and Saints fans are just happy to have a club to support (do us a favour help send the skates down)

I think this is a taunt we all of us are going to have to get used to. If you end up lashing out at the first moron who says it to you you're going to end up doing it a lot more as the trophies pile up, believe me.
Best thing is to just smile and say: "Yeah, standing there at dumps like Priestfields years ago in the fucking pouring rain was absolutely glorious!"

You could of course just park your car on one of his testicles, but these people don't appreciate subtlety.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.