I was there when...

I was there when we were shit. Really shit :-(

Mind you I was also there for the FA Cup semi at Villa Park in '81. Now that was fooking ace :-)

We played Liverpool in the FA Cup in 72, I think, in the replay. We had waited for hours in the rain for the gates to open, and when the game started, we made sure City were going to win.

The best atmosphere ever. Remember, we were rivals to Liverpool then, we beat them 2-0, but that night, I, along with thousands of others were there.

It really did crackle and pop.

sdm said:
allan harper said:
going to villa only to get as far as blackpool and it was snowed off spent the day in blackpool ten pin bowling and getting drunk,
then the rearrannge mid week fixture stuffing them 5-1 at villa park.....think david white got a couple....
He got 4 that night mate:) A great night that was.

city were 2 up by the time we'd got in. Ended up stood in the Holt End. We went 2 or seasons ago and again city were already 2 up when we got in.

evesham blue said:
fa cup sf. v ipswich 1-0
charlton promotion game 5-1 ( on the pitch after the game)
beating the rags 5-1
villa away 5-1 ( white scores 4 )
Villa away 2-1 ( city bottom villa top. first away win in the top div for about 3 years i think)
city 1 chelsea 0 ( only defeat of the season)

thank fvck someone recalls it. Ive mentioned it on here a few times. It was a massive win for us. Huge city turn out. Did we hit the post from a pen and stick the rebound away?
(Unlike Leeds away when Reid hit the post and stuck the rebound away himself - thick b@stard. And he was the manager!)
We'd dumped the car and then just couldnt find it in the side streets. The crowds all thinned away and we felt very exposed wandering around. Eventually got it and headed home to find that the Strangeways riots had started and the place was on fire. Got in the pub - got 3 pints with a tenner and got change for a twenty back. Happy days

Hearts 5 Man city 1 pre season 96/7?

totally abysmal. no effort whatsoever. the festival was on so we ended up driving 20 miles out of edinburgh to find a b+b.

Best part of the day was when the guy on the turnstile asked how old my little lad was when i was paying.
shes 28 i said as the wife took the hood of her coat down.
he looked a little embarrassed.
She is only little though. :)

simonk said:
evesham blue said:
fa cup sf. v ipswich 1-0
charlton promotion game 5-1 ( on the pitch after the game)
beating the rags 5-1
villa away 5-1 ( white scores 4 )
[b]Villa away 2-1 ( city bottom villa top. first away win in the top div for about 3 years i think)[/b]
city 1 chelsea 0 ( only defeat of the season)

thank fvck someone recalls it. Ive mentioned it on here a few times. It was a massive win for us. Huge city turn out. Did we hit the post from a pen and stick the rebound away?
(Unlike Leeds away when Reid hit the post and stuck the rebound away himself - thick b@stard. And he was the manager!)
We'd dumped the car and then just couldnt find it in the side streets. The crowds all thinned away and we felt very exposed wandering around. Eventually got it and headed home to find that the Strangeways riots had started and the place was on fire. Got in the pub - got 3 pints with a tenner and got change for a twenty back. Happy days

That was my first ever away game (peter reid scored) i was about 12 and my mate was 14 we down on the train.
After the game we got separated when police shoved my mate on to a bus (i didnt know that at the time)
i was stood there in the middle of birmingham 12 year old lost! i was nearly in tears when a few city fans came to my resuce (they could see i was getting upset) any way they took me on to this bus and sed this will get us to the station lad dont worry. I went to the top of this bus and there was my fucking mate sat there !! i run over and started punching him and all the city fans started saying, go on lad do him the tight ****! (in good jest) great day think ward got the other there must of been about 6,000 city fans that day..

Simon K,you,re right about s/ways riots mate was same day and we went on a bit of a run and they didn,t come down off the roof til we lost

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.