I Was There

Mothball said:
Couple of other games that spring to mind watching us lose 6-0 away at Derby then getting legged all over the place by a Derby mob, and Blackburn away losing 4-0 but the events of the day overshadowed by the FA Cup semi final at Hillsborough

I was at those too. and Luton 83, Charlton 85, the 10-1, Bradford 89, the 5-1 derby, stoke and WBA inflatables, play off final 99, FA semi and final last yr (and charity shield) and qpr!

leeski said:
be interesting to see which City fans were there at certain moments of our history more or less most people attended FA Cup Final & Qpr games would be interesting though to find out who was at Huddersfield 10-1, Mansfield Autowindscreens, Millwall A (when we were officially banned), Stoke A 98, Stoke A boxing day 88 (fancy dress)

Huddersfield 10-1 no. Was at the Bournemouth away not so long after though.

Mansfield no, only home match I missed that season.

Millwall away yes, SWP's first City goal, you could even hear the net ripple and I was at the other end of the ground.

Stoke away 98 yes, in their Sentinel Stand.

Stoke away 88 got thrown off the train on the way there for trying to bunk it (I think!)

PD said:
ColinBellsjockstrap said:
TGR said:
Far to recent.
I was at 'the Ballet On Ice' game. Anyone else?

Yep, I was there....as well as Newcastle, last game of the season.....Both iconic matches in City's illustrious history......:)

Yeah, both those, the Scunny 8-1 game, the game Colin Bell scored for Bury agin us, Bert's testimonial, the game we paraded the 2nd Div trophy in '66, the 3-1 at OT in '68, the game Colin Bell made his return from injury, the Fenerbache game, the Gornik game. Happy Days.

And for good measure was at the WC QF "Hand of God" game..

Bert's testimonial was a great night, I remember he came over the tannoy at the end of the game to thank everyone for the kindness the fans had shown towards him. Of course there was a lot of anti-German feeling just after the war when he first signed, even from the City fans but he won them over with his superb goalkeeping displays.....

Can't remember the year but it was sometime in the mid-eighties and we played a midweek friendly against Australia! I remember getting off the 262 at Hough End and getting legged by 10 or so nob-heads - shat myself!!

leeski said:
be interesting to see which City fans were there at certain moments of our history more or less most people attended FA Cup Final & Qpr games would be interesting though to find out who was at Huddersfield 10-1, Mansfield Autowindscreens, Millwall A (when we were officially banned), Stoke A 98, Stoke A boxing day 88 (fancy dress)

Ok

Dennis Law backheel game - YES Fantastic
United - When best broke pardoes leg - YES
United - 3-0 2 for Bell + buchan og
Oldham A 85? - in the rain got soaked in the gene kelly 1-1
Huddersfield 10-1 - YES - my mate Chris Ken Yon didnt go and he said not much would happen that night!
Millwall A - YES - I was in the Directors box as a "neutral" Keegan got sent off and sat in front of me!
Stoke A 98 - YES we wonj and I ended up in a mousemat picture of the fans
Stoke A boxing day 88 (fancy dress) -YES we lost

+ City reserves vs Sheff United when Colin Bell made his comeback game pre the newcastle game!!!! Even he doesnt remember that - crowd was 312
+ Seeing Hatton's dad play for the reserves!<br /><br />-- Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:08 pm --<br /><br />
tonycoleman said:
leeski said:

Ok

Huddersfield 10-1 - YES - my mate Chris Ken Yon didnt go and he said not much would happen that night!
Millwall A - YES - I was in the Directors box as a "neutral" Keegan got sent off and sat in front of me!

+ City reserves vs Sheff United when Colin Bell made his comeback game pre the newcastle game!!!! Even he doesnt remember that - crowd was 312
+ Seeing Hatton's dad play for the reserves!
+ City 1- 0 Wigan when they wre non league in the cup when we were supposed to have tonked them 10-0!

I was eight years old at the last ever Maine Road game against Southampton. We lost the game and Oasis, the doves and all them played.

My first ever Derby was in that same season, where we beat United 3-1. Possibly the best day in my life, everybody i knew was a united fan and they were always giving me shit. Never again...

Thought SWP first goal was an fa cup game away against port vale?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Re: I Was There indeed

Leeds away in thre cup when tueart scored and they invaded the pitxh
tueart nutting george potter from hartlepool
+ Seeing Hatton's dad play for the reserves!

Oldham A 85? - in the rain got soaked in the gene kelly 1-1 - never been that wet at a ground ever!
Stoke A 98 - YES we won and I ended up in a mousemat picture of the fans
and Luton 83,
David White 4 - 1 Villa Away - england call up round then
Charlton 85 - Andy May header
Bradford 89 - all we need is a point chant!
the 5-1 derby
play off final 99,
FA semi and final last yr
(and charity shield)
+ Seeing Hatton's dad play for the reserves![/quote]
+ City 1- 0 Wigan when they wre non league in the cup when we were supposed to have tonked them 10-0!
++++
Blackburn away everyone singing All the runs that kinky makes are winding after I handed out the songsheet to the oasis words i changed!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.