I Wonder how many on here were at the 10-1 win against Hudd?

Me. Got a ticket off a mate for the Main Stand that day. It sticks in my memory but I'd say every home game in the league this season has topped it by a country mile.

was it mcnab thought it was may
knoxville said:
The day that changed my life! Born and bred in Huddersfield but this was the day I became a City fan!

My uncle had taken me to Maine Rd a couple of times before both of which we lost to a quality Liverpool side.

Sat in the main stand and remember seeing Huddersfield fans sat in the home end sneaking out at half-time!

Ex-city player Neil McNab scored the penalty for Huddersfield to make it 8-1!

Pretty sure that was the same season that we met Huddersfield in the FA Cup and John Gidman scored a last minute equaliser from a free-kick at their old Leeds Rd ground and City went on to win the 2nd replay (1st replay drawn at Maine Rd) at Leeds Rd 3-0. Huddersfield also won the return league fixture
1-0!!

Was there and remember desperately waiting for the PINK to come out that evening so I could re-live the game.
Also went to the Simod cup v plymouth on the Tuesday to see us score six more.
Funny I thought Stewart, White, Adcock and Simmo were absolutely amazing.
Lost 1-0 to Huddersfield away later in the season!!!

I was not there. Listened to Piccadilly radio where a voice would cut into the song to say What a goal, and then the music would carry on until the end of the song and you would be going mad to find out if it was us!!! Was at York away and Gillingham games though.

Went in the main stand borrowed a lads from works season ticket,he went to a wedding and told me he was gutted on Monday.
Ran into him years later in Perth West Australia,and the first thing he mentioned was this game.

I was there in the kippax...remember Andy May saluting us when he scored there consolation goal, and think it was Frank Wothington being asked at half time how many more City would score and he said ' i dont think they'll get ten'!Never liked Adcock, but loved Stewart and White.

Just recalled another game v Huddersfield in the Mercer promotion season. Typical City. Play breaks up in citys box, quick build up, attacking the Town goal, ref stops play and awards Huddersfield a Penalty approximately 3 minutes after the supposed incident. Perhaps someone can verify ,but I,m sure it was missed. Maine Road was stuffed that day as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.