I Wonder how many on here were at the 10-1 win against Hudd?

strongbowholic said:
Due to being fiscally bereft, I had the choice of the top of the table City/Boro midweek game or the lowly Huddersfield game at the weekend.

I had a similar choice. Impoverished student down south - decided I could only spare the money and time (it was a 7 hour journey each way, with changes at Peterborough and Nuneaton) to travel back to Manc for one November Saturday home game. There was the Huddersfield match or Brum a fortnight later. I opted for Brum. We ended up winning 3-0 and, as someone was reminiscing further up the thread, Paul Stewart scored a cracker. Normally you'd be chuffed to bits with that, but I didn't half regret not making the other choice!

Haha, proper nightmare with this game. I was a skint trainee motor mechanic at the time and really on the bones of my arse. Anyroad, I managed to get a foreigner working on a clapped out old mini. To my eternal regret I decided to do something I had never done before or since and lob the game in and work on that on the day of the match. Not only that, I dropped my brother and future to be wife and her dad on Platt Lane.
I remember the day well, working in the pissing down rain on a wanked out shitheap of a car and hearing 'It's a goal' time after time on Piccadilly Radio. And it's fair to say,later that night I got absolutely slaughtered by the lads for not going.
But as a typical blue I've managed to witness all the shite that followed for years until recently.... CITY 'TILL I DIE...

It was a right fuck up was this one. I think I only missed three games that season but my non-league team at the time, St. Helens Town, who were then the FA Vase holders, had their first defence of the trophy away to Rainworth Miners Welfare and I opted to go to that one instead. It's the only home game I've ever regretted missing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.