I Wonder how many on here were at the 10-1 win against Hudd?

It was the only game that season I missed! Absolutely gutted!
My mum and dad took us away on holiday, and his thinking was its only
Huddersfield so no big shakes...

What a mistake to make!
lol!

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
I was there Kippax

It spawned this classic.

" remem mem, remember member, remem mem, remember member, remem mem, remember member when when city scored ten"

love that song. no other team,s fans can sing it...love it.<br /><br />-- Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:49 pm --<br /><br />
Santiago Street . said:
dennishasdoneit said:
Steveo said:
I was there. I remember thinking what an awesome player Paul Stewart was, and was gutted when he left us for Spurs!
paul stewart was the business..until paper talk went to his head..understandable i suppose.

the very next match after the 10-1 was birmingham at home..not much happening,kippax was quiet..then stewart from nowhere rifled in a superb 25 yarder..one of my fav players at the time..still not quite sure where his football career went wrong. great player,strong,fast direct,could dribble,head a ball well and a cannonball shot on him.

Do you remember that goal he scored at Bradford away, spun away from the defender near the half way line, outpaced their defence and smashed it in right in front of our fans. I think Bradford were league leaders at the time and we battered em 4-2

didn,t go bradford, but remember seeing the goals on the news that night...city had indeed beaten the league leaders and in style. that season rained goals from start to finish..happy days.

I was there but I remember I was close to missing it. About an hour before kick off I was still trying to sort something out on my car. Somehow sorted it and got there at last minute. Would have been gutted to have missed it.

I brought a work colleague to this. His first ever football match was earlier in that week when he was taken to Scum v Southampton (think it was the Saints). It ended 0-0. He said he was sat there bored for most of the match.

I suggested he came to Maine Road for the Huddersfield match. He did and the rest is history...

I was away at college, listened on the radio before going out probably to the students union followed by a ropey club - cant recall whether there was any celebratory student girl action though.....

I remember Huddersfield wearing that monstrosity of a kit. They also had a few fair chances to take the lead before Neil McNab set us on our way.

Due to being fiscally bereft, I had the choice of the top of the table City/Boro midweek game or the lowly Huddersfield game at the weekend.

I saw Andy Hinchcliffe score a blinding free kick.

I stood incredulous in Ladbrokes that weekend as I overheard the following conversation:

Punter 1: "have you seen that? City's 4-0 up at half time!"

Punter 2: "4-0 up? eee are luv, think your half time score screen's fucked."

And the the goals continued to fly in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.