I worry about Kolarov

Blue Mooner said:
howfen blue said:
Just told you I've seen him plenty of times in the flesh!!! Does it mean coz my opinion is different it's wrong!!!! And the left backs you mentioned it's no insult to be behind Cole in the pecking order and Bridge and Warnock aren't in the same league as him!!

I never said you were wrong just that I fundamentally disagree, in fact you've made my point for me. If Bridge is not in the same league as Baines then why has he consistently been selected ahead of Baines for the England team in Coles absence.

And that's not my opinion or of your 'dozens' of City mates down the pub, that's the view of the people at the top of the English game (and to be fair far more qualified than you or I) who have scouted for the best left backs in the country and chosen Bridge consistently ahead of Baines.

Now, if Bridge is sh*t as so many blues would have you believe then what does that make Baines on the basis that he can't get in the England team ahead of him....?

One last point I would question how or why you would have seen Baines in the flesh so many times when you are a City fan....!?
Well to answer your last point, I'm not sure how long Baines has been playing Premier League football i would guess 6/7 years and I go watching City home and away so I would imagine I've seen him 10 times!! Probably more than Bridge considering his injury problems!!!!

I liked Kolarov the first few times I saw him and like him even more now (this may have something to do with the fact he gets so much stick on here though). I don't understand the can't defend thing, sure he doesn't stop every cross getting into the box but who does? He can definitely tackle, the first example that comes to mind is the game in Greece, I seem to remember a thread about him being most people's man of the match. He's not as quick as Cole or Evra but he's faster than most give him credit for on here, he's certainly not slower than Barry. His acceleration is poor but his outright speed is ok and there have been plenty of decent full backs who weren't blessed with pace; Zanetti, Neville and Cafu come to mind as recent examples.

I'd give him a 6/10 so far but given his injury early in the season and the fact he's in a new country and a completely different league that's not too bad and he's only going to get better.

kenzie115 said:
I liked Kolarov the first few times I saw him and like him even more now (this may have something to do with the fact he gets so much stick on here though). I don't understand the can't defend thing, sure he doesn't stop every cross getting into the box but who does? He can definitely tackle, the first example that comes to mind is the game in Greece, I seem to remember a thread about him being most people's man of the match. He's not as quick as Cole or Evra but he's faster than most give him credit for on here, he's certainly not slower than Barry. His acceleration is poor but his outright speed is ok and there have been plenty of decent full backs who weren't blessed with pace; Zanetti, Neville and Cafu come to mind as recent examples.

I'd give him a 6/10 so far but given his injury early in the season and the fact he's in a new country and a completely different league that's not too bad and he's only going to get better.
Careful matey, you're post could be deemed by some as sensible!

rastus said:
Best LB weve had in a long time, knackered on Sunday as most of our team were which is worrying

How can players be knackered when Ronaldo as played every minute of every game this season!

it seems some fans are getting very inpatient to soon around here on our new players!

dzecko,kolarov,boateng,yaya,mario have all had a big slating on here over the past months fooking crazy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.