"I would rather lose a tournament than break my word to a player"

I would like to admit I was so wrong about cabellero. Pellers got it spot on and proved all the doubters wrong.

Well done Blue Boys and especially Cabellero who was magnificent .

We shouldn't forget that Willie actually played well before the shoot out too, the decision was vindicated before the three penalty saves for me.

Yes, that's been forgotten somewhat. He didn't really put a foot wrong.

Given the choice, I'd rather the trophy. History won't recall his loyalty only the medals won. Harsh but true.

As he actually won the trophy, then we can all be happy. It was a big call that paid off, and I guess that's what top managers do.

Very few of us, including myself, supported Pellegrini's decision to start Caballero, but he's been vindicated in a huge way.

It's easy to say with hindsight, and the reaction to that quote would have been very different had we lost, but you have to admire Pellegrini's loyalty, and indeed balls, for making that call.

I definitely wanted Hart to start.
I disagree with Pellers making the deal in the first place but if he made the deal, then it is fantastic that he kept the deal. Far too many peoples word is no longer their bond in this day and age.So on that point well done Pellers. Chuffed for them both.
And hey he made 3 great saves in the shoot out to win it in the end.

I truly think Caballero had all the confidence in the world with Pellers sticking by his decision to play him in the final. He was composed in net and had an incredible performance, justifying his selection. Well done Manuel and well done Willy.

As he actually won the trophy, then we can all be happy. It was a big call that paid off, and I guess that's what top managers do.
That's not the point or the question though. The point was 'Manuel would rather lose the tournament than not keep his word to Willy'.

Personally, I'd rather the trophy

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.