"I would rather lose a tournament than break my word to a player"

I'd forgotten about pantimilion against Wigan, but I now understand why Pellegrini's comments have hurt some of Bobby's biggest hankerers. Haha.
F,kin ell. I never looked at it from that angle. But now you come to mention it. Pmsl.
PS. I wonder if Pellers meant it that way.
Well, fuck me. I,m smiling from ear to ear. Made my day.

F,kin ell. I never looked at it from that angle. But now you come to mention it. Pmsl.
PS. I wonder if Pellers meant it that way.
Well, fuck me. I,m smiling from ear to ear. Made my day.

I've been toe to toe with them for years, mate. I'm smiling too ;-)

Simple people are pleased by simple things I suppose
I'm pleased by trophies, yes.

And I'm pleased to see our number 2 keeper crying on national television as he is thrust into the spotlight after waiting 2 years in the shadows.

I'm also pleased to see a unified squad celebrating together; pleased for each other, pleased for their boss, knowing they are part of something together.

So yes, simple things, I suppose.

I'm pleased by trophies, yes.

And I'm pleased to see our number 2 keeper crying on national television as he is thrust into the spotlight after waiting 2 years in the shadows.

I'm also pleased to see a unified squad celebrating together; pleased for each other, pleased for their boss, knowing they are part of something together.

So yes, simple things, I suppose.
I'd be pleased if you had read my posts in this thread, which you would find were rational and well thought out, explaining the reasons as to why I'm against the current goalkeeper policy, as well as providing a reasoned alternative going forward. Oh, and sadly for you not a single criticism of Caballero or the manager (but don't let that stop you dismissing me like you do to many others just to suit your own weird, arrogant agenda).

One can dream eh!

I get what you're saying, not that I agree.

Let me ask this, where do you stand on attacking philosophies in football?

The reason I ask is because this is another area where Manuel has his principles.

Do you think he's wrong to stick by his attacking philosophy if it means sometimes that philosophy will cost us?

Would you prefer the Mourinho style of do whatever it takes to win?
Mate I love attacking football and that's why I loved Pep's Barcelona and hated Maureen's anti football. The issue I had with Manuel was that his brand of attacking football was reckless and was detrimental to our once rock solid defence. What Manuel should have done when he first arrived was to build upon what was already here, not pull it apart with his Keegan-esque style football.

Last Wednesday, Sunday at Wembley and against Sevilla away all proved that we can set our team up in a solid formation and still be dangerous in attack. There are times when we need to be pragmatic to get the win, but when I saw the team sheet before we played Barca at the Etihad, I just wanted to go home because I knew what was coming as did nearly everyone sat near me that night. 442 against Barca with Milner and Fernando in a midfield 2 against Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets was sheer lunacy. This is the side of Manuel's attacking philosophy that I don't get. My other point regarding his 'He'd rather lose' statement' was perhaps it stems from his belief that he'd rather lose an exciting match 5-6 than win a regulation 1 nil game.

Ultimately he stuck by his principles last season and I think our owner's actions after the season ended has shown what they think of Manuel's all out attacking philosophy.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.