IAAF World Championships 2017

This Makwala situation looks dodgy, IAAF pulling athletes from races who they feel are sick, athletes are just going to hide it now.
This whole interview with this IAAF woman is embarrassing, they should stop interviewing her as it's going nowhere and 3 of them just saying the same things at her.

That knob Coe is keeping his head below the parapet on this one.

This whole interview with this IAAF woman is embarrassing, they should stop interviewing her as it's going nowhere and 3 of them just saying the same things at her.

If i'm Makwala i'm going straight to the IAAF medical tent right now and getting all the required tests done for this gastroenteritis disease. If it comes back clean in 36-48hrs, i'm suing the shit out of the IAAF.

Surely they could have isolated him away from the call room and other athletes until he got to the track and then immediately isolated him afterwards.

Sounds like a total farce with the Botswana 400m runner. Two very different stories and a shame the only man to challenge won't be there.

Good luck to Langford in the 800.
He admitted to vomiting when he stepped of the bus bringing him to the stadium for the 200m heats.

Nobody seems to have done anything other than take his blood pressure and temperature readings, doesn't sound very scientific - what if he was just travel sick.

He has also been allowed to carry on mixing with other competitors and giving interviews to reporters.

The IAAF seems to just have assumed he has the current virus and have fallen back on an advisory from our own health authorities.

The whole thing stinks!

If i'm Makwala i'm going straight to the IAAF medical tent right now and getting all the required tests done for this gastroenteritis disease. If it comes back clean in 36-48hrs, i'm suing the shit out of the IAAF.

Surely they could have isolated him away from the call room and other athletes until he got to the track and then immediately isolated him afterwards.
I think the IAAF have fucked up big time and are totally trying to cover their arses.

I think the IAAF have fucked up big time and are totally trying to cover their arses.

They acted on the medical advice they were given, so i'm not sure why you think they 'fucked up'.

The woman who was subjected to the inquisition by the BBC, explained that the IAAF doctor had been told by the athlete that he'd started vomiting at 10pm the night before.

Either you believe the doctor, who had no reason to invent the story, or you believe the athlete who had a very good reason to change his story.

The athlete had all the symptoms of the virus and as she also explained, it takes 48 hours to clear the system, regardless of whether he felt well enough to compete.

They couldn't do all the tests because by the time they had the results, he would have competed and potentially infected a whole load of other people.

They acted on the medical advice they were given, so i'm not sure why you think they 'fucked up'.

The woman who was subjected to the inquisition by the BBC, explained that the IAAF doctor had been told by the athlete that he'd started vomiting at 10pm the night before.

Either you believe the doctor, who had no reason to invent the story, or you believe the athlete who had a very good reason to change his story.

The athlete had all the symptoms of the virus and as she also explained, it takes 48 hours to clear the system, regardless of whether he felt well enough to compete.

They couldn't do all the tests because by the time they had the results, he would have competed and potentially infected a whole load of other people.
I do not disagree with anything you say, but the athlete denies saying he was sick at 10pm the night before and he was also allowed to wander freely around his hotel which seems silly.

The athletes association also claim that when he was examined by the doctor he was completely on his own with no official representation.

Somebody here is being economical with the truth to say the very least.

I do not disagree with anything you say, but the athlete denies saying he was sick at 10pm the night before and he was also allowed to wander freely around his hotel which seems silly.

The athletes association also claim that when he was examined by the doctor he was completely on his own with no official representation.

Somebody here is being economical with the truth to say the very least.

Athletes will say and do anything to compete, no one has ever intentionally cheated, nothing is ever their fault.

He wasn't allowed to wander round his hotel, he was told to stay in his room for 48 hours, but he chose not to.

He also chose to come to the stadium, even though he'd been told not to.

Whether he actually had the virus or not is irrelevant, they wouldn't have known for sure last night and they couldn't take the risk if his symptoms were the same as those who did.

The BBC seemed to be more concerned that their coverage of the 400m final had been spoiled, rather than the potential spread of a contagious virus.

Athletes will say and do anything to compete, no one has ever intentionally cheated, nothing is ever their fault.

He wasn't allowed to wander round his hotel, he was told to stay in his room for 48 hours, but he chose not to.

He also chose to come to the stadium, even though he'd been told not to.

Whether he actually had the virus or not is irrelevant, they wouldn't have known for sure last night and they couldn't take the risk if his symptoms were the same as those who did.

The BBC seemed to be more concerned that their coverage of the 400m final had been spoiled, rather than the potential spread of a contagious virus.

Thanks for that Seb.......

I think my problem with it was they conducted the examination with no Botswana doctor present, surely they must have procedures to follow when potentially ruling an athlete out of a final like that.

To be fair on reflection I think both sides arr in the wrong. The athlete isn't telling the truth and the IAAF need to review how they examine and rule on athletes and sort their communication out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.