IAAF World Championships 2017

She may well have got tactics wrong and I agree regarding seizing opportunities I was just highlighting the fact we've had 3 4th placed finished plus KJT was also unlucky. I agree this was all down to their own mistakes but on another day the may have all managed medals, unfortunately this time it wasn't to be.
Shows though that talent without the right mental capacity to think during the heat of battle means you end up losing more than you win, something I used to accuse Andy Murray about.

Some of them have been unlucky but KJ-T wasn't one of them.

She described herself as a 'defeatist' in her interview afterwards, she's her own worst enemy when it comes to pressure.

Michael Johnson was right, the minimum you expect from elite athletes is that they're producing SB's or PB's at major championships, particularly in front of their home crowd.

Too many bottlers and not enough battlers in our team.

Don't think it's that. A lot of our top athletes have all retired. This is a new lot of younger ones.
Mo Farah et al weren't at the top of their game, at these ages.

A lot? Jess Ennis and Christine Ohuruogu. Who else has stepped off the podium and retired?

It's not just about age either, some of those that have failed this time are experienced athletes.

KJ-T has competed at the last two Olympics.

Our lass disqualified from the 800m semi-final for trying to pull the girl in front of her back.

Well that's one way to overtake.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.