IAAF World Championships 2017

So much for Makwala.

Great run from Mitchell-Blake.

How on earth is someone who has already competed for Azerbaijan, allowed to compete for Turkey?

Last edited:
Bahrain and Qatar appear to have bought an entire team of African and Jamaican athletes.

It makes you wonder why we bother trying to develop our own.

We might as well just use the lottery money to pay Wayde Van Niekerk to run for us.

At least we would have more than one whole medal to show for our investment.

The medal table makes grim reading for GB

I think some our athletes are fortunate that the funding is already in place for the next Olympic games because they would be paying their own way there otherwise, based on their performance in these championships.

Having said that i don't know why we put money into sports like rowing rather than swimming and athletics, which are much more accessible to most people.

I think some our athletes are fortunate that the funding is already in place for the next Olympic games because they would be paying their own way there otherwise, based on their performance in these championships.

Having said that i don't know why we put money into sports like rowing rather than swimming and athletics, which are much more accessible to most people.

It does look grim but to be fair we've had a couple of very near misses, Muir and Langford were both extremely unlucky as was Blake last night.

It does look grim but to be fair we've had a couple of very near misses, Muir and Langford were both extremely unlucky as was Blake last night.

Muir wasn't unlucky, distance running is as much about tactics as pace, and she got the tactics completely wrong.

I don't know why she was so positive about finishing 4th either, it might have been an improvement on 5th at the Olympics but you can't just rely on going one better next time.

Form and fitness might not be as good, other challengers might emerge over the next couple of years, anything could happen. You've got to seize the opportunity whilst it's there.

Adam Gemili was the wonder kid of the 2012 Olympics but he didn't even make the team this time.

Muir wasn't unlucky, distance running is as much about tactics as pace, and she got the tactics completely wrong.

I don't know why she was so positive about finishing 4th either, it might have been an improvement on 5th at the Olympics but you can't just rely on going one better next time.

Form and fitness might not be as good, other challengers might emerge over the next couple of years, anything could happen. You've got to seize the opportunity whilst it's there.

Adam Gemili was the wonder kid of the 2012 Olympics but he didn't even make the team this time.

She may well have got tactics wrong and I agree regarding seizing opportunities I was just highlighting the fact we've had 3 4th placed finished plus KJT was also unlucky. I agree this was all down to their own mistakes but on another day the may have all managed medals, unfortunately this time it wasn't to be.
Shows though that talent without the right mental capacity to think during the heat of battle means you end up losing more than you win, something I used to accuse Andy Murray about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.