Ian Carlo Poveda

Maybe he needs that and he needs to build up the fortitude to break through that.

Sometimes having things too easy doesn't accelerate their growth.

If he gets lost, it would be good for him to know that and to mature.
I don't think the issue with going to the Championship is a lack of fortitude as much as it that he's 5'5 and looks about 120lbs

I don't think the issue with going to the Championship is a lack of fortitude as much as it that he's 5'5 and looks about 120lbs
I'm not sure I follow. I think the idea that the championship is this overtly physical league, even more so than the top leagues is a fallacy. Some people think all the teams play hoof ball and you need to be very strong to succeed and this is not true.

I'm not saying he is physically completely ready, regardless of where he goes on loan he has to bulk up so the championship itself does not discredit what he has to do anyways.

And honestly, if someone cant show their talent in a decent championship side (with time to adapt of course), then I doubt they have the talent to make it at a top team.

I think that's looking likely, unless Preston North End want him and the club wants to keep that relationship strong.
I don't know about Preston mate. He'll be so out-matched physically in the Championship. I feel Girona would be a good spot for him along with Pozo. I'd personally like to see both go there to see and then maybe a championship spell, perhaps. FC Twente is another club I would be favorable to.
With that said, I hope we consider a relationship in the future with Bristol City if we want to send lads to the Championship. I'm a fan of Lee Johnson.

I don't know about Preston mate. He'll be so out-matched physically in the Championship. I feel Girona would be a good spot for him along with Pozo. I'd personally like to see both go there to see and then maybe a championship spell, perhaps. FC Twente is another club I would be favorable to.
With that said, I hope we consider a relationship in the future with Bristol City if we want to send lads to the Championship. I'm a fan of Lee Johnson.
I would also prefer Girona first and maybe also FC Twente, both are fantastic places to develop as well... but I think the physicality of the championship is a myth imo. My main point is that it is also a fine destination for someone to develop at.

What's happening with him this season?

I see him in pictures training with the first team, but then gets nothing at the cup game.

Why didn't the club loan him out?

I was very harsh on him last season and on pre-season (I think fairly), but from these past 2 months it seems he has been flying for the academy and internationally.

Now he is a year older, 19 turning 20 in February, but maybe just needed that extra year to adapt, not all kids fly out at 17-18 ready for men's football.

So perhaps it wasn't such a bad idea for him to do another year at the academy level and gain confidence dominating (what it looks like) players his own age.

If he finishes this season at this level he should get a look in for next season.

I was very harsh on him last season and on pre-season (I think fairly), but from these past 2 months it seems he has been flying for the academy and internationally.

Now he is a year older, 19 turning 20 in February, but maybe just needed that extra year to adapt, not all kids fly out at 17-18 ready for men's football.

So perhaps it wasn't such a bad idea for him to do another year at the academy level and gain confidence dominating (what it looks like) players his own age.

If he finishes this season at this level he should get a look in for next season.

He should get a game vs. Oxford. It's important to put these kids in and reward them when they are flying or else they just get demotivated and leave.

He needs to move on for the sake of his career tbh. Clearly very talented but he's got no chance of breaking through here. Fine against kids, but there are fair and real questions about his ability to cope with the physicality at the PL's level. He's bloody tiny. Brahim, despite his talent, struggled with that, and he's stronger than Poveda.

I really do like him, but think he's got no chance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.