Ian Carlo Poveda

i wont be the only one on here who played with and against ex-pros, and those who were on the fringe. They all were tough, upper-body and arm-strength being far superior to us amateurs. I think it's what Paddy Vierra alludes to when he talks about "man-football". The old "a good big-un is better than a little-un" is long past it's sell-by date, though, when it comes to Pep-ball, witness our goals-for column.....No idea how to turn a slimbo like Phil into a tank like Kun, or if we should even try.

i wont be the only one on here who played with and against ex-pros, and those who were on the fringe. They all were tough, upper-body and arm-strength being far superior to us amateurs. I think it's what Paddy Vierra alludes to when he talks about "man-football". The old "a good big-un is better than a little-un" is long past it's sell-by date, though, when it comes to Pep-ball, witness our goals-for column.....No idea how to turn a slimbo like Phil into a tank like Kun, or if we should even try.

Foden will end up the same size as Bernardo and he certainly aint a tank. He's certainly not struggling physically either.

Think Garcia has a bit of a chance, yeah. Muric is class but unless Ederson goes then why would he play I guess. It's tough for keepers. Felix Nmecha doesn't strike me as well rounded enough. Really nice player but doesnt have Foden's level of natural ability IMO.

I used to be really positive towards youth development but I've kinda realised you have to be genuinely exceptional to get a look in now i think. Foden and Sancho were two of the top 10 in the world in their age group. I don't think we have any of them at the moment in the EDS. Maybe Garcia. Maybe Bernarbe... that's not to say i don't think they're very good, i just think the barriers to entry are so so big.
I have said this all along. And I used to get peltersfor saying so by those desperate to see players who were not good enough getting first team games.

It happened in the days of devante Cole, it will not be happening again anytime soon.

I have said this all along. And I used to get peltersfor saying so by those desperate to see players who were not good enough getting first team games.

It happened in the days of devante Cole, it will not be happening again anytime soon.

Fwiw i don't think it should be this way, but I'm just aware how it is.

Fwiw i don't think it should be this way, but I'm just aware how it is.

We would all love at least one academy player a year to come through, it isn't realistic.
Last season there were those calling for To sin aradabiola (sp)to get a chance in the first team. Then as now, he wasn't and isn't as yet good enough. I understand those who have an interest in youth as you do, and would like to see progression, but it cannot be to the detriment of the first team.
I read and appreciate your posts on the academy, I try to watch the academy when they are in the Midlands, though I have only watched tv coverage this season, which I don't consider enough to have opinions on particular players.
This includes Poveda of course.

Last edited:
Looks to move and pass very much like david silva in that video.

Great example of how videos can be misleading then I guess. Doesn't really play like him tbh. Much more direct, runs at people, tricky, skilful, winger. Technically excellent though, like David! Defo not the same kinda player though.

Edit - having watched the video I can see why you'd say that. I think it doesn't really show the side of his game where he's more winger-esque. His frequent attempted dribbles for example. I guess he moves a bit like David and has the same great feet, but he's faster, more tricky, but at the same without the same control and god-like game intelligence.

Great example of how videos can be misleading then I guess. Doesn't really play like him tbh. Much more direct, runs at people, tricky, skilful, winger. Technically excellent though, like David! Defo not the same kinda player though.

Edit - having watched the video I can see why you'd say that. I think it doesn't really show the side of his game where he's more winger-esque. His frequent attempted dribbles for example. I guess he moves a bit like David and has the same great feet, but he's faster, more tricky, but at the same without the same control and god-like game intelligence.

Totally agree with TS. lovely player to watch

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.