Ian Carlo Poveda

You are absolutely clueless. These kids have spend their entire lives working towards getting a call up to the senior team, for everyone in that u23 side doing something to get them closer to that it is their main objective every single day. Playing a game with our senior players, being coached by Pep, being in the senior dressing room is literally a fucking dream come true.
Give the personal remarks a rest.
Burton away is a glorified friendly. If that's a dream come true for them, they need to sort their priorities.

Give the personal remarks a rest.
Burton away is a glorified friendly. If that's a dream come true for them, they need to sort their priorities.

You are genuinely clueless, that's not an insult it's an accurate statement about how completely ignorant you appear to be on this subject. Anyone who follows any academy knows how much it means for not just the kids, but the coaches, to get an academy player a senior game for the first team.

You are genuinely clueless, that's not an insult it's an accurate statement about how completely ignorant you appear to be on this subject. Anyone who follows any academy knows how much it means for not just the kids, but the coaches, to get an academy player a senior game for the first team.

"I can't wait until I get to play in a second leg against a shite side when we're 9-0 up on aggregate."
They'll know exactly why they're in the squad.

"I can't wait until I get to play in a second leg against a shite side when we're 9-0 up on aggregate."

"I can't wait to finally play a game for the first team, the goal I've strived for every day of my life for years, playing next to some of my heroes growing up, being coached by the best manager on the planet".

Like I said - you're ignorance on this is astounding.

"I can't wait to finally play a game for the first team, the goal I've strived for every day of my life for years, playing next to some of my heroes growing up, being coached by the best manager on the planet, just because we're 9-0 up and it's not worth asking the seniors to change into their match kit, not through merit".

Like I said - you're ignorance on this is astounding.
I've fixed that quote for you.

I don't think they'll give a rats piss about why they're in the squad. Just playing a senior game would be a dream coming true for them, doesn't really matter whether it's a friendly or a Champions League final. They also know that apart from Sunderland fans, no one cares about that game (from what we've seen so far I doubt even Pep cares). But playing against Burton, even if we're nine goals up it will still be live on Sky Sports and televised in loads of countries. They'll see it as a chance to make a name for themselves, a chance to actually get a few headlines if they can score a goal. If you don't get that then you've got your head in the sand mate.

I can't believe sane adults are genuinely trying to argue that academy players won't be excited to be involved in the Burton game. Ffs. They get excited to just be called up for preseason friendlies! I guarantee you some of them would have been sat there rubbing their hands in glee when we put 9 past Burton, because they know it could result in a chance for them. It's EVERYTHING that they want. They won't give a fuck if the tie is over, in the same way Foden isn't arsed if we're 3-0 up when he comes on. He just wants to play.

I can't believe sane adults are genuinely trying to argue that academy players won't be excited to be involved in the Burton game. Ffs. They get excited to just be called up for preseason friendlies! I guarantee you some of them would have been sat there rubbing their hands in glee when we put 9 past Burton, because they know it could result in a chance for them. It's EVERYTHING that they want. They won't give a fuck if the tie is over, in the same way Foden isn't arsed if we're 3-0 up when he comes on. He just wants to play.

With the u21s at Sunderland in the Checkatrade what players do you think could stay behind and play against Burton?

I assume the club feel the checkatrade might be one worth pushing hard for as it is a test against a senior team in a competitive game and they may feel more is on that than the Burton game.

However, most would love to say they have played for the first team regardless of score or opposition and surely Pep will want to make changes considering it is 9-0.

Any players you feel might be included? We shouldn't really be playing any first team players other than those that need game time. But I think Pep will still go strong to honour the competition and Burton.

Most kids will feel the same as us fans. I would give anything to play for City. Regardless of scoreline or opposition. I am sure they would all love to play despite those factors.

With the u21s at Sunderland in the Checkatrade what players do you think could stay behind and play against Burton?

I assume the club feel the checkatrade might be one worth pushing hard for as it is a test against a senior team in a competitive game and they may feel more is on that than the Burton game.

However, most would love to say they have played for the first team regardless of score or opposition and surely Pep will want to make changes considering it is 9-0.

Any players you feel might be included? We shouldn't really be playing any first team players other than those that need game time. But I think Pep will still go strong to honour the competition and Burton.

I'd only want a couple more involved than the last round tbh. Start Muric, Garcia, Foden and maybe Poveda (think he's come on leaps and bounds this season)... then give bench sports to 2/3 more and get them on in place of the kids that start so they get to play with the 1st team regulars too. Some from the likes of Gomes, Bernabe, Nmecha, Bolton etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.