Ian Cheeseman (and his VLOGs)

Nothing beat the GMR phone in when we where absolutely shit.

Run back to the car from the Kippax to listen to the rants.

Does everyone remember the post Bury phone in when Wardle rang in? Funnily enough he was sat in Kippax AA lower himself that game a few rows down from me.

Thought that was his business partner, David Makin?.. but yeah remember the call, couldn't believe what I was hearing !!

I had Fred in one ear yesterday and he was top drawer as usual. Talking to Tony Towers at half time and he had a few nuggets to tell me about Fred from all those years ago. He mentioned when Eyre wrote in his book about being on the same pitch as Pele. Fred was carrying the water across the pitch whilst Pele was having shooting practice..

Fred's great description of a bit of argy bargy yesterday following a foul on Jesus was worth the licence fee alone; "Sagna just hovering around looking like security.'

I think it's been said before but the BBC local stations are looking to pull out of covering PL games because of costs/budget cuts. I really don't think there's a future for people like Cheesy (and all the others who do his role at other stations) for very much longer.

Unfortunately PB I think you are correct; the BBC have a differing interpretation of their remit. How can Pointless celebrities, who dares wins, let it shine and Casualty align with these?
  1. Sustaining citizenship and civil society
  2. Promoting education and learning
  3. Stimulating creativity and cultural excellence
  4. Representing the UK, its nations, regions and communities
  5. Bringing the UK to the world and the world to the UK
  6. In promoting its other purposes, helping to deliver to the public the benefit of emerging communications technologies and services and, in addition, taking a leading role in the switchover to digital television.
Football is supposed to be the National game and the premier league is the Nations top league, how could they stop radio commentary of games and only have a late night highlights programme?
Radio five and extra programmes are more like game shows with has-beans who didn't make the grade taking the rip out of callers and current players. When they try and commentate, they are not a patch on the likes of Cheesy.

Come back Cheesey we need you!

Last edited:
I think it's been said before but the BBC local stations are looking to pull out of covering PL games because of costs/budget cuts. I really don't think there's a future for people like Cheesy (and all the others who do his role at other stations) for very much longer.

Any bet you like they dont pull out of covering the Rags.

I had Fred in one ear yesterday and he was top drawer as usual. Talking to Tony Towers at half time and he had a few nuggets to tell me about Fred from all those years ago. He mentioned when Eyre wrote in his book about being on the same pitch as Pele. Fred was carrying the water across the pitch whilst Pele was having shooting practice..

Fred's great description of a bit of argy bargy yesterday following a foul on Jesus was worth the licence fee alone; "Sagna just hovering around looking like security.'
I think that was Puskas rather than Pele. Nice to know Tony Towers is still knocking about, I was disappointed when he was sold to Sunderland (not disappointed in who came the other way, though).

I think that was Puskas rather than Pele. Nice to know Tony Towers is still knocking about, I was disappointed when he was sold to Sunderland (not disappointed in who came the other way, though).

He was trying to remember another name as well and i was a little pissed so you could well be right.
Have a chat with him most weeks and he seems fit as a fiddle.

During half time yesterday Jimmy Wagg said we've got a mouthwatering cup tie for you tomorrow, united v Wigan, mouthwatering my fuckin arse

During half time yesterday Jimmy Wagg said we've got a mouthwatering cup tie for you tomorrow, united v Wigan, mouthwatering my fuckin arse

He knows he will be out the door if doesn't toe the line and why he has stuck around for so long.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.