Ian Wright documentary - 'Out of their skin'

I hope one of you guys saves and uploads it. Or I've got no chances of seeing. Unless it magically appears on Reddit or someplace like that.

How can anyone argue Sterling gets "nothing" compared to black players in the past? Somebody was literally sent to prison last year for physically attacking him in public and calling him the n-word.

Yes, he is not the brightest button (Wright not Sterling). I remember when he was a player being quoted as saying it took a lot of bottle for Tony Adams to admit he had a drink problem!
Not the brightest you say.? What a disparaging remark sir...Still bright enough to carve out a career in top class football after seemingly missing the cut as a younger lad..i think he was 25 when he fully exploded on the scene ,mamy give up long before that age,disheartened..and turn to the booze..

Bright enough to nail down a career as a pundit once his playing days were over,a football career that included representing England at ths highest level...Wright is quite simply one of the most exciting Forward players ive ever seen live,and here he is now,adding to his career by focusing on a sensitive subject matter which folk dont always which to talk about...
Wright played for Palace at Maine rd when i heard some of the worst racist abuse ,ever,by my own fellow fans,whilst watching in the North Stand.
Wright may not "be the brightest" in your eyes..but imo,i see a professionsl footballer who made the absolute best of his abilities as a player,suceeded in having his voice heard when his playing days were over...and not content with that focuses on a subject matter close to his heart...
Not the brightest you say....what have you done in your career mate?

Not the brightest you say.? What a disparaging remark sir...Still bright enough to carve out a career in top class football after seemingly missing the cut as a younger lad..i think he was 25 when he fully exploded on the scene ,mamy give up long before that age,disheartened..and turn to the booze..

Bright enough to nail down a career as a pundit once his playing days were over,a football career that included representing England at ths highest level...Wright is quite simply one of the most exciting Forward players ive ever seen live,and here he is now,adding to his career by focusing on a sensitive subject matter which folk dont always which to talk about...
Wright played for Palace at Maine rd when i heard some of the worst racist abuse ,ever,by my own fellow fans,whilst watching in the North Stand.
Wright may not "be the brightest" in your eyes..but imo,i see a professionsl footballer who made the absolute best of his abilities as a player,suceeded in having his voice heard when his playing days were over...and not content with that focuses on a subject matter close to his heart...

Nice post, none of that has anything to do with being bright. Sounds good though.

If you bother to read the read of this thread I refer in my next post to being over-judgemental and agreeing with gordondaviesmoustache that he is not stupid (which I never said). I also said that I like the guy and find him funny. Disparaging remark? Possibly, but that wasn't my intention, I just wanted to share a funny anecdote that I remembered and I am certain the man himself would laugh about because he has a great sense of humour (I trust you do too). As for career? Well sufficient to say I am a professional with an academic background like many others on here but that is not this forum is all about, its about our shared love of the game where we can discuss serious and light-heart matters, sometimes with HUMOUR.

The events that you refer show the man's great qualities - strength of character, integrity, dedication, footballing ability, professionalism, courage, popularity, compassion, respect and respect for others as well a wiliness to speak out about his beliefs and views. Brightness?

Snowflakes abound.

Anybody listening to Wright’s cliche ridden poorly articulated “analysis” would be well within their rights to suggest he isn’t the brightest button. Carving out a career as a top class footballer was in the main down to his athletic abilities, work ethic and mental strength.

As a pundit Wright was over promoted to a leading role because he’s street for want of a better term. The bbc in their aching desire to achieve peak diversity wanted someone who they condescendingly thought “urban yoof” would relate to and as he came from the inner city, had been in trouble with the law and spoke like a chav the bbc snowflakes eagerly ticked off their inclusivity boxes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.