Ian Wright

I don't class him as either. Too young to appreciate his heyday, don't care enough to take any notice of him now.

I respect that he made a good life for himself after being treated abominably by his father as a child.

He's OK - there are far worse - just another example of a fan boy getting a job in the mediah promoting the interests of said club.

He’s a real enigma. Talented player, worked very hard to carve out a career but, some of his behaviour on the pitch was vile - I think he acknowledges that now himself. As a pundit he can be ever so childish, another one who just can’t be objective - he’s Arsenal through and through. Pity Swales fucked it up when Peter Reid was close to signing him.

Conflicted on this one. Pull up a chair….

A good while back I worked for a company that sub-let some office space attached to Taylormade’s (big golf brand) UK headquarters and warehouse in Basingstoke. They also had a workshop where they’d customise clubs for pros and celeb clients. Sometimes a young Justin Rose would pop in to our office to chat with our office manager as they were family friends.

Wright is a massive golf addict and used Taylormade equipment, so we’d see him a couple of times a year as he tried to “buy the game” with a new set of clubs. I’d like to say he was an arsehole, but honestly he wasn’t. Treated everyone politely, didn’t act like billy big bollocks and generally came across as a decent human being. He’s certainly not brain of Britain but I think we’ve all worked that one out. I guess he’s just a Tarquin and nothings going to change that.

The MotD “analysis“ last night was a joke. Our first pen was an odd one but unintentional but serious contact in the box has been given a couple of times this season already, so chalk it up to consistency at least.

The Havertz penalty. After he’d knocked the ball on too far past the keeper he knew he’d fucked up so dragged his back leg along the turf until he made contact with the arm. It wasn’t just simulation, it was shit simulation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.