Ibra..would you have him yes or no?

His skills are formidable.

Whilst the age thing is a factor, if we can sign him at a FAIR transfer fee, the this is a no brainer.

Even just two years of his presence at the Etihad would add significantly to our strike threat. Very significantly.

I don't really buy into the whole "age is a factor" thing. How long are people envisaging him being here if he were to sign? He's clearly not going to completely fall apart as a player in the next 2-3 years is he?

Some guy on twitter posted the numbers we'd have to pay in wages to match his contract with PSG...even if these numbers are only half right I would pass on this guy...if he is willing to take a paycut, only then would I be interested...

Sid. ‏@TypicalBlueMoon 1h For Zlatan to earn around €11-14m after tax in England, a Club will have to pay €20-25m a year i.e €384-480K per week.

I don't see what his wages at PSG have got to do with anything?

He gets them wages because he wanted a high base wage and didnt want to be effected by the huge tax laws in France. Bear in mind he was lowering himself to go to Ligue 1 he could demand what he wanted.

If he leaves he isn't going to get the same wages anywhere apart from Anzhi and Monaco so he will be taking a pay cut anyway if he wants to play in the Prem.

If he joined us he would probably be the highest paid player but not on the wages he gets at PSG.

I wouldn't put too much faith in the numbers people band around about how much PSG are paying him. Isn't the top tax rate in France 75%, so by peoples logic, they are paying him about 1mE a week before tax? Sounds unlikely to me

Mountaineer said:
His own father confirmed what I said. He personally called the FA and he wanted Zlatan to get a chance. He stated that both he and Zlatan had a wish to play for Bosnia-Herzegovina. He was a teenager at the time. This story is well known and those FA people never lived down their mistake. I'd paste the full quote from his father but it's not in English so I won't. You can still doubt it if you wish, but I'm done talking about it since this is not what the thread is about.
This is a pointless discussion. You're talking about something Zlatan has never mentioned once, instead referring to what his DAD has done. It wouldn't be a wild guess saying you're Bosnian totally ignoring the fact you're talking about someone who was born and raised in Sweden and has never even been to Bosnia. End of discussion.

BigOscar said:
I don't really buy into the whole "age is a factor" thing. How long are people envisaging him being here if he were to sign? He's clearly not going to completely fall apart as a player in the next 2-3 years is he?
Age isn't a factor. What Zlatan can guarantee is that he won't need a period to adapt, something many do when switching clubs/leagues. He'll dominate City and PL from day one. Buying Zlatan is knowing exactly what you will get. He even did it in Barca (until Messi started crying to Pep).

As for his salary... he had 8-9 million euros/year in Inter (net - after tax), 9 in Barca, 8 in Milan and now 12 in PSG. I believe he's willing to go down a bit. But nothing less than 8-9 million and being the teams top earner. Premier League titles and success in CL is worth many times that.

BigOscar said:
I wouldn't put too much faith in the numbers people band around about how much PSG are paying him. Isn't the top tax rate in France 75%, so by peoples logic, they are paying him about 1mE a week before tax? Sounds unlikely to me
There have been talks in France of raising the tax on people who earn more than 1m/year, but it hasn't come into effect yet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.