Ibrahimovic

PSmyth07 said:
I'm not convinced with him, sooner have Adebayor to be fair.

Oh dear... such comments make me a bit worried. Adebaoyer instead of Ibra? I'd say the difference in quality between those two is equal to the difference between a parking meter and Xavi.

Still, I respect everyone's right to have an opinion, but honestly I can not understand for one second how anyone would not be absolutely thrilled about the notion of us signing someone of Ibra's status.

I hope he does sign for us, and gets the opportunity to show all you nay-sayers just exactly how great of a player he is.

Individual honours the past five years

2009 Top scorer Italian league
2008 Best player Italian league
2008 Best foreign player Italian league
2008 Best Swedish player
2007 Best Swedish sportsman
2007 Swedish athlete of the year
2006 Best foreign player Italian league
2005 Best Swedish player

HONOURS

FC Barcelona
2009/10 Liga
2009/10 World Club Cup
2009/10 European Super Cup
2009/10 Spanish Super Cup

Inter Milan
2008/09 Serie A
2007/08 Serie A
2007/08 Italian Super Cup
2006/07 Serie A
2005/06 Italian Super Cup

Ajax
2003/04 Eredivisie
2002/03 Dutch Super Cup
2001/02 Dutch Cup
2001/02 Eredivisie

And how about Ade's stats? Anyone care to remind me?

Matt the very impressive Giant said:
PSmyth07 said:
I'm not convinced with him, sooner have Adebayor to be fair.

Oh dear... such comments make me a bit worried. Adebaoyer instead of Ibra? I'd say the difference in quality between those two is equal to the difference between a parking meter and Xavi.

Still, I respect everyone's right to have an opinion, but honestly I can not understand for one second how anyone would not be absolutely thrilled about the notion of us signing someone of Ibra's status.

I hope he does sign for us, and gets the opportunity to show all you nay-sayers just exactly how great of a player he is.

Individual honours the past five years

2009 Top scorer Italian league
2008 Best player Italian league
2008 Best foreign player Italian league
2008 Best Swedish player
2007 Best Swedish sportsman
2007 Swedish athlete of the year
2006 Best foreign player Italian league
2005 Best Swedish player

HONOURS

FC Barcelona
2009/10 Liga
2009/10 World Club Cup
2009/10 European Super Cup
2009/10 Spanish Super Cup

Inter Milan
2008/09 Serie A
2007/08 Serie A
2007/08 Italian Super Cup
2006/07 Serie A
2005/06 Italian Super Cup

Ajax
2003/04 Eredivisie
2002/03 Dutch Super Cup
2001/02 Dutch Cup
2001/02 Eredivisie

I'd rather have both.

im not convinced by him either, i dont doubt he has been good. But his record against English sides is far from impressive. The prem is a more physical and you get less space, it really is a different game.

sniff said:
But his record against English sides is far from impressive. The prem is a more physical and you get less space, it really is a different game.

I don't wish to sound like a sales-man for Ibra here, and I of course am not 100% sure he would make such a huge impact as one could think/hope based on his credentials.

But, for the sake of arguing: just how many games against English teams have you actually watched, and would you really say that relatively small amount of games would make for a stronger indication of his quality than all the other games he has played?

The PL is different, no doubt about that. But I do believe a great player, as I think Ibra is, can adapt and overcome any new obstacles. I have watched him play for ten years now, and I do feel I know his potential fairly well. When I close my eyes and think how this season could have turned out, if Tevez had Ibra with him up on the front line instead of the likes of Ade and RSC.. well then I smile as I know we would have finished a few places higher. At least.

Tevez would be the perfect partner for Ibra. Mancini knows this. Tevez knows this and Ibra knows this. I hope all of us will know so too come next season.

Whatever happens, who ever we sign or loose... may the next season be the best ever for us.<br /><br />-- Sun May 16, 2010 9:28 pm --<br /><br />
ono said:
I'd rather have both.

:)

I feel Ade might be a good enough back-up for Ibra. But doubt he'd settle for his then inevitable reduction to the lower ranks.

GStar said:
Matt the very impressive Giant said:

Ibra didn't win any of those honours on his own... Doesn't David May have a CL winners medal along with plenty of League/Cup winners medals?

Does that mean he's streaks ahead of players like Kompany and Lescott??

hhaa add Danny studge,s new honours dont make him class either.
But i do think ibra could be a good buy for us

he seems to be a player that splits opinion.

What is for sure he knows how to win and has been at the top level for years When i look at some of the donkeys we have had then i would be delighted if he signed.

Graham Hunter - talk sports Spanish guy sas ibra hasn't had a bad season he has probably contributed to about 33 of Barca's goals. The problem is Pedro has come in and looked class.

All this with strikers tracking back, watch AC Milan - you never see Pato track back yet if we were in for hime there would be great excitement. Drogba defends set pieces well but doesn't exactly chase people down all the time. They are there to score goals - the ones that work hard are the hardest to get hold of, like the Torres and Rooney's and Tevez so we arn't doing to bad.

Why can't people have an opinion on a player. It seems the minute people have a different opinion on a player they're force fed statistics until they burst. I don't really want Ibra because he's not the sort of play i would like us to sign BUT there is no doubt he is a top quality player. Can i say this or are people going to hog tie me and feed me statistics.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.