Ice Hockey | Player arrested for manslaughter following death of Adam Johnson (P18)

excellent, if we're swapping great goals, then this is pretty special - all the better as it came against Russia, who aren't too popular around here:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1E3dSCf23A[/youtube]

GaudinosWheels said:
Not on the same level but Manchester Storm used to be a good night out years ago. I would have been around 10/11 at the time though. They got around 18k into the 'NYNEX' for a game once if I recall correctly.
You do, against Sheffield Steelers, 17,245, then a record for a European ice hockey match.

Crouchinho said:
seems very popular in North america, Russia and of the scandanvian countries. Definitely is like two sports in one. If you can't skate well you're fecked, and you won't get far if you can't hit a puck

I don't mind watching occasionally but the goals where everyone is scrambling around a little goal puts me off. I sometimes wish for a bit more variety in the goals!

Who would of thought it would be popular in cold areas where ice used to form before we could make it

Great game to watch, especially if there's a fight! Thought my luck was in when I moved up here and saw a large, ice-rink-shaped building. Unfortunately, it turned out to be an indoor football pitch. Boo!

Have been a Canucks fan since about 4-5 years ago now, been to around a dozen or so games in visits and holidays to Vancouver.
I've been gutted since ESPN lost the contract to show NHL in the UK, now that I have a young daughter I can't go to the real games either, so I now don't have any outlet.

leithblue said:
excellent, if we're swapping great goals, then this is pretty special - all the better as it came against Russia, who aren't too popular around here:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1E3dSCf23A[/youtube]
That goal is amazing. Those lacrosse style goals are insane.

It made me think of some pretty important goals Canada scored against Russia, including probably the most famous goal scored by anyone from Team Canada. Well before my time tho.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMf2fAXPS1Q[/youtube]

Also there is a Manchester Hockey team http://www.manchesterphoenix.co.uk/ the rink is in Altrincham.

Skashion said:
GaudinosWheels said:
Not on the same level but Manchester Storm used to be a good night out years ago. I would have been around 10/11 at the time though. They got around 18k into the 'NYNEX' for a game once if I recall correctly.
You do, against Sheffield Steelers, 17,245, then a record for a European ice hockey match.

Yeah i used to go and watch Storm. Was a good night out as pointed out and atmosphere seemed great (at least to a 12/13 year old)

Can even remember some of the players Hilton Ruggles was one think he always ended up scrapping and dale Jago who i remember used to have a powerful slapshot (not a euphemism)

Mugatu said:
Have been a Canucks fan since about 4-5 years ago now, been to around a dozen or so games in visits and holidays to Vancouver.
I've been gutted since ESPN lost the contract to show NHL in the UK, now that I have a young daughter I can't go to the real games either, so I now don't have any outlet.

Premier Sports (UK) has the rights now. I looked on their website it looks about as expensive to get as it would be for me to get to watch city on Tv over here most of the time. Which sucks.

you might be able to listen to the radio broadcasts which are free off team1040. It's not quite as good as watching but still ok.

I've never actually gotten to a Canucks game, between work/school and the high cost of tickets it's just never worked out. :(

ChrisNUFC said:
Skashion said:
GaudinosWheels said:

Yeah i used to go and watch Storm. Was a good night out as pointed out and atmosphere seemed great (at least to a 12/13 year old)

Can even remember some of the players Hilton Ruggles was one think he always ended up scrapping and dale Jago who i remember used to have a powerful slapshot (not a euphemism)

Hilton 'The Poacher' Ruggles?

Hahaha, many good times had.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.