I'd be reluctant to lose Kolarov

With Joleon out of contract and Micah apparently going too, I wouldn't say the left-back was a top priority, especially as we have two very competent professionals in Aleks and Gaël there.

Zaba will be our only recognised right-back, though I realise that Jimmy can play there in an emergency.

And with only Nastasić to cover for VK and MD, I think we're going to need to bring in at least one more centre-back.

We also need another box-to-box midfielder to help take the strain off YaYa and Ferna's shoulders.

With those priorities, I would imagine both Clichy and Kolarov will be here next season.

kolarov has improved 100% this season , we have the ideal balance , kolarov for home games and clichy for the difficult away games , because clichy is the better defender , where as kolarov is the best crosser of the ball at the club, and is ideal when we dominate games.

Loved when he smacked Carroll today nice one Aleks.
The lad has really come on under MP

Nobody is talking much about him in the media but I believe he should be one of the candidates for City player of the season and has certainly being the most improved player. Kolarov himself will probably say and has indeed eluded to the situation of not having the opportunities in the first 3 seasons which is why he was not able to show how good he actually is.

Whatever it is, the bottom line is that he has been immense this season both offensively and defensively, he has one of the best left foot in the business and is also an immense personality and character to have around the squad.

So of course we should keep him. Gael has done well to an extent but if there is a player that should go (to create space for Shaw perhaps?) then it is Clichy and not the defender with the highest number of assists this season.

Personally I will keep them both.

He has upped his game this season. I like the Zabba and Kolarov double as both are strong going forward and defending. I think another year at the club he deserves as for Clichy who knows what will happen with him.

NQCitizen said:
FantasyIreland said:
Wretched Vengeance said:
Hopefully we won't. He is an integral part of the side and dare I say first choice at left back?

The fact he is first choice is the problem.

Are there genuinely more than 5 much better left backs out there?
Nope,he just needs a pacy Left CB to cover his forrays forward

ManCitizens. said:
alera said:
Great going forward but he cannot defend. I am very happy to keep him to pay against the lesser sides or even cover left midfield. In fact his best game for us was bayern away when he played in front of clichy IMO.

Really we need a top top left back it is our big weakness along with a lack of decent central defender to play with kompany.

All the decent sides have Sussed the really weak point for us is the left hand side of our defence we re going to need to sort that for next season.

100% myth.
It is, he's a better defender than clichy, just not as fast.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.