I'd be reluctant to lose Kolarov

We can't afford to let him go on a free. It is either offer him a new deal or cash in now with us buying a replacement.

He is too valuable to us to let go. His delivery is outstanding. Having him and Zabaleta overlapping is what unlocks the defensive minded teams we continuously come up against

gmckennasell said:
kolarov has improved 100% this season , we have the ideal balance , kolarov for home games and clichy for the difficult away games , because clichy is the better defender , where as kolarov is the best crosser of the ball at the club, and is ideal when we dominate games.
Surely we should have someone who can do both?

Moreno would be perfect.

alera said:
Great going forward but he cannot defend. I am very happy to keep him to pay against the lesser sides or even cover left midfield. In fact his best game for us was bayern away when he played in front of clichy IMO.

Really we need a top top left back it is our big weakness along with a lack of decent central defender to play with kompany.

All the decent sides have Sussed the really weak point for us is the left hand side of our defence we re going to need to sort that for next season.

Kolarov playing in front of Clichy at Bayern away? Did you dream that match up or something

I've liked Kolarov ever since we signed him. I know he's not been the best in past years, and taken a lot of stick, but he's a hell of an exciting player. Just by virtue of his left foot being on the pitch you're likely to see some good crossing, fierce shots, and general all round good attacking fullback display!

If he leaves I'll be very disappointed

I think he's decent, if not world class, and him and Clichy offer us a lot of flexibility at the back. They're good to have on the bench when we want to see a game out and each offers us something a bit different.

He's improved on the ball massively, probably due to getting consistent playing time. The only time you used to be able to trust him with the ball was when he'd done the overlap and was hitting the cross in first time, now he can beat a player and pick out a pass. It would be a shame if he goes in the summer and although it would be hard to beat his direct approach to crossing, I wouldn't say he's irreplaceable. I think he may have his head turned by Juve.

Aleks was not my favourite player - but he has grown into a great club asset and stands head and shoulders above the rest in the improvement stakes. Well done, keep him, but like Nigel De Jong and Sturridge etc, City shall not be held to ransom by demands of players or agents.

Great player, our number one left back, a warrior

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.