If City and the rags were to merge...

Fucking not a chance. Years ago when people were picking their best 11 from the prem, they would have picked a handful of swamp players - Now you wouldn't pick any. And that is sweet music to my ears.

CTID

KansasCITY said:
Could not support any club team that Rooney plays for, would stop watching football before that happened.
If Rooney signed for us I would give my season ticket back so I am with you Kansas

In a few generations time nobody would give a fuck about us because we'd all be dead and long long forgotten, and the whole city of Manchester would support Manchester FC.

Just think of the glory we could hunt supporting Salford City!
And the snazzy blue-red strip.
What's not to like.

bluevengence said:
[bigimg]http://i42.tinypic.com/1j9b2a.gif[/bigimg]
I've always loved that gif. For the simple reason that it looks like he's turning his body so the side of him hits the glass, however, the side of him hits the middle stantion of the window which turns his body back and he goes through the glass face first. Quality!

bluecityboy said:
I was reading the MUEN article about the proposed merger in the 60s and it got me thinking. If City and the rags were to merge against our wishes, would you continue supporting the club? Forgive my ignorance but is there modern example of anything similar ever happening?
Wash your mouth out !!

bluecityboy said:
I was reading the MUEN article about the proposed merger in the 60s and it got me thinking. If City and the rags were to merge against our wishes, would you continue supporting the club? Forgive my ignorance but is there modern example of anything similar ever happening?

IIRC this was just a crazy idea by 1 or 2 individuals at the time and was never going to get off the ground. I don't think supporters in the 60s would have bought the daft idea any more than supporters would today.

bluecityboy said:

how can i imagine such a thing, if i can not imagine how you did get this idea in the first place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.