If Given goes?

northstandgiveusasong said:
How about Almunia or Fabianski from Arsenal??

Knowing that Given would want to leave anyway, it surely makes sense to offer them Given and take one of these two off their hands at the same time.

A better option than just selling him to say Villa and having to replace. Maybe we could get the Nasri deal pushed through quicker as well.

Just a thought.

I'd rather have a cow wearing a snood than one of Arsenal's two goalkeepers.

dachoosen1 said:
What about doni? SSN are saying hes a free transfer from roma!

Would be a great #2 for us and probably willing to play the role as he has been at Roma for a few seasons now. Dippers want him don't they?

Go for two keepers!

Bring in an experienced backup, on a free, such as Gilkes from Blackpool.

And top that up with a youngster who can learn the ropes... maybe the lad at Reading?

Soulboy said:
And top that up with a youngster who can learn the ropes... maybe the lad at Reading?

We have Germany's U18 goalkeeper Loris Karius for that role. Turned 18 in January though has had some injury problems.

LoveCity said:
Soulboy said:

We have Germany's U18 goalkeeper Loris Karius for that role. Turned 18 in January though has had some injury problems.

I doubt that he's next in line. Never fit.

But we'll see this season...

You need three keepers in the squad otherwise you are not allowed emergency back ups for injuries as I understand it. Personal feeling is that you need someone experienced who won't be fazed coming in at short notice but will work well with the defence. Don't think a young keeper is a great idea as they won't be getting the match practice they need to develop. None of Utd's young keepers have developed at the club.
Anyone think Steve Harper might be a good shout if Krul has usurped his place in the team?

Cityfan said:
You need three keepers in the squad otherwise you are not allowed emergency back ups for injuries as I understand it. Personal feeling is that you need someone experienced who won't be fazed coming in at short notice but will work well with the defence. Don't think a young keeper is a great idea as they won't be getting the match practice they need to develop. None of Utd's young keepers have developed at the club.
Anyone think Steve Harper might be a good shout if Krul has usurped his place in the team?

The problem is that we are not going to get a decent one, with any sort of ambition. Why would he come to sit on the bench.

And ya, I think getting a young keeper isn't the best idea seeing as we have one all ready, and I think we could do with experience.

Steve Harper spent 12 years on the bench sitting behind Given, do you really think he'll do it again?

No decent keeper will come to a ready made place on the bench. We'll have to either settle for average and hope Hart doesn't get injured or have a drop in form, or buy to compete with Hart.

It will be interesting to see what Mancini decides to do.

Soulboy said:
Go for two keepers!

Bring in an experienced backup, on a free, such as Gilkes from Blackpool.

That lad, McCarthy I think his name is, looks an excellent prospect, Soulboy

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.